3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The bullpen- Fry, Colome, Herrera, Frare, Hamilton (when healthy), will be good. The Jones/Banuelos types are another story 

Jace fry looked pretty shitty last year if I remember other than his first month or so of work 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack it's not even April. Chris sale was throwing 92 his first start. Is he finished? Velocity can be down early in the season for a lot of reasons, weather being one.

Jones velocity has been depleted by about 200 injuries.

Yes Sale is finished. Next question

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jack it's not even April. Chris sale was throwing 92 his first start. Is he finished? Velocity can be down early in the season for a lot of reasons, weather being one.

Jones velocity has been depleted by about 200 injuries.

Possibly. When you've been injured as much as Sale has the last two seasons it isn't out of the question.  Boston may have messed up by signing Sale to that deal. 

I looked at the link in that fangraphs article and they say it takes 3 starts to gauge fastball velocity. 

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Just frustrating to watch. All of this talk about "ride with us or die" and "shit or get off the pot," yet I see errors, pitchers getting behind constantly, throws getting away, no pressure on the basepaths, hitters not working counts,...yeesh

Castillo’s effort this inning is pathetic

1 minute ago, Jake said:

I don't see any reason to be down on Jace Fry this year vs the usual "you never know about relievers" kind of thing. He has good stuff and was nails last year.

Nah, you see, he allowed a hit and a walk today, so not only will he suck this year, but he sucked last year as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I was surprised they picked up his option this past offseason. 

Of course they did. Loyalty is paramount in this organization, unless you’re the best hitter in team history and one of the best in MLB history. Then they can invoke an obscure clause in your contract and let you go play for the As.