3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

I am surprised Yolmer wasn't bunting. Would have guaranteed Moncada or Abreu being up with the tying run on 2nd 

going for the win was right, especially since they burned through almost entire bullpen.  

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

When all you do is complain about everything why continue to watch or follow?

Idk about you but most people dont enjoy surrounding themselves with endless negativity. It's kind of a drag.

So is smarm.

Just now, Scoots said:

Yall are overemphasizing everything. They scored 6 runs. The offense isn't the issue. The shotty defense and gross pitching is.

Yes. Defense has been absolutely abysmal. Embarrassing really. Unacceptable for big leaguers to throw the ball around like that. Castillo has been slow behind the plate. Throws in from the outfielders have been off the mark. Fundamentals are not taught at the major league level. The players are to blame. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes. Defense has been absolutely abysmal. Embarrassing really. Unacceptable for big leaguers to throw the ball around like that. Castillo has been slow behind the plate. Throws in from the outfielders have been off the mark. Fundamentals are not taught at the major league level. The players are to blame. 

See, I vehemently disagree.  Everyone knows Palka is a total embarrassment in RF and Abreu is a statue at 1B.  Now you have Eloy out in LF, and you have 3 extremely bad defensive players.  Eloy and Abreu have to play, so not upgrading in RF defensively was a total botch by Hahn.  Sox pitching doesn't strike out enough hitters to neglect your defense.

Just now, wegner said:

I like the fight in the ballclub...they truly do not quit but how about getting started a little earlier tomorrow...don't start the season by getting swept by the Royals!!!

or maybe the Royals bullpen just blows :)

When you put a really terrible defense out there, it's the one thing you can do to actively harm your young pitchers. I don't see a compelling enough reason to keep running Palka out there given how detrimental it is to the defense.

I'm thinking and hoping Palka goes to AAA once Jay is back and we have to add Santana to the 25-man.

Edited by Jake

Just now, fathom said:

This rebuild was never about just one guy

Not sure I understand Fathom. I was just wondering with Palka and Garcia looking below replacement level do we see some lineup changes? Cordell has some good tools.