3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

For those of us who did not see the game, please describe the plays Palka screwed up.  I caught a couple if innings of the KC feed, but there were no good replays.  Tks.

I only caught two of them. He let Billy Hamilton tag and take 2nd on a poorly played flyout to RF. 

He let a ball he should have gotten land in the warning track. Just played it poorly. Any average fielder would make the play.

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

For years, everyone here complained we were rushing all of our prospects.  Well, this is what not rushing people looks like.  You’re stuck with Daniel Palka in right field.  Hopefully by the end of the year we will have better options.  I can’t believe I am saying this but I miss Adam Engel.

Not seeing our good young prospects shouldn’t make you long for a terrible 27 year old fourth outfielder.

Also, Palka should be our DH.  The problem is that Hahn stuck himself with two rejects in his failed quest for Machado that the Sox are forced to play until the trade deadline.

Edited by Harper2Sox

9 hours ago, Insp said:

No, but Davidson had talent as a relief pitcher and yet the Sox let him go anyways while keeping the inferior Palka.

LMAO When you are arguing that you need Davidson because he has "talent as a relief pitcher" over Palka you are missing the entire point 

14 hours ago, Soxfest said:

It is when nobody cares to watch your product losing 90 plus games a yr.

I don't agree. I think fans won't watch if the team is bad. They will watch if they don't think the manager is any good. 

15 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ventura was the laziest manager in baseball. He was disinterested. 

Nothing would surprise me there.

I dont know what "extensive infield" practice means.

Remy said 30-45 minutes and the Sox were doing about 15.  He also seemed to indicate it was casual as opposed to structured.