March 31st 2019 White Sox vs. Royals

Insp

Just now, ron883 said:

@Jack Parkman you have a list of names of people you will gloat to yet regarding Giolito? Let's go Gio!

Fathom and CWS  would be first on the list. CWS and I have had massive arguments about Gio/Lopez and who has the higher ceiling. I'm a bit concerned about Gio not getting swings and misses on either his curve or slider so we have to wait and see. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Fathom and CWS  would be first on the list. CWS and I have had massive arguments about Gio/Lopez and who has the higher ceiling. I'm a bit concerned about Gio not getting swings and misses on either his curve or slider so we have to wait and see. 

You were trashing Giolito last year so at some point between October and February you decided to get a wild hair up your ass for no reason. Besides some nonsense like "it can't be worse for Lucas" absolutely nothing has changed to lead you to believe he'll be much better. You're truly the ultimate contrarian.

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You were trashing Giolito last year so at some point between October and February you decided to get a wild hair up your ass for no reason. Besides some nonsense like "it can't be worse for Lucas" absolutely nothing has changed to lead you to believe he'll be much better. You're truly the ultimate contrarian.

Not true. Did I say that he was bad last year? Yeah. There is no way to objectively argue otherwise. I still thought he had a chance to be good. Did I trash his performance last year? Yeah. He deserved every bit of criticism. I always thought, always that he still had a chance to be good. I told people to be patient with the two of them.  I have been among Giolito's and Moncada's most ardent supporters consistently.  The occasional negative statement does not constitute that I've still supported both of them. Take that stick you have up your ass out. 

You couldn't objectively defend their performance last year. It doesn't change the fact that I still believed in both of them, just because I didn't defend them. 

1. Giolito gradually got his fastball back and his mechanics have changed twice since his struggles last year. There was reason for optimism. 

2. Moncada has too much talent to suck forever. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Tony locked and unpinned this topic