March 31st 2019 White Sox vs. Royals

Insp

Just now, Jake said:

Couldn't decide if the hate was clouding my vision as I was thinking he may have cost Lucas the run by slow-playing the ball there

I still wonder why he didn't try to catch Mondesi's double early in the game yesterday that allowed the first run to score.

Just now, Jake said:

Great start for Gio and to be frank I think this was the right amount of time to leave him in.

Soler should have been his last batter.  These guys aren't throwing more than 80 pitches max I believe during ST.  There's a reason both him and Rodon completely fell apart at the 80 mark.

Just now, Jake said:

Great start for Gio and to be frank I think this was the right amount of time to leave him in.

Agreed. Got no issues with Ricky leaving him there. He couldn't get the out, gave up the run, take him out so he at least gets a QS. 

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yes. I think this as well. Giolito needed to be given a chance to get out of it and pitch from the stretch.

His job isnt to protect giolito. It's to help him grow.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes. I think this as well. Giolito needed to be given a chance to get out of it and pitch from the stretch.

His job isnt to protect giolito. It's to help him grow.

His job is to protect the health of his pitchers and having Rodon and Giolito throw almost 100 out of the gates is not necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

At some point, they need to be built up to 100+ pitches. A 6-0 lead where he was cruising seems like a good time to start that process. 

He's a major league pitcher, the kid gloves people use in 2019 in certain instances are crazy. 

Yep. I saw enough of the kid gloves in alot of the guys last year other than Rodon. I'm glad so far Ricky is letting these guys learn on the fly. 

1 hour ago, mqr said:

This broadcast has missed so many pitches. It’s more infuriating than anything on the field

Yeah, this has been a really annoying issue all game long.

37 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I wondered the same but I assumed I was reading it wrong or he was saying that the pitcher blows.

But if he really nicknamed Eloy "Heblows" then yeah ban his ass

It's also unintentionally funny because if it's supposed to be pseudo-rhyme humor, it shows that he isn't anywhere close at knowing how to pronounce "Eloy" 

• Like 1

• Tony locked and unpinned this topic