March 31st 2019 White Sox vs. Royals

Insp

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Gio feeling it. Big props to Jack Parkman for standing by Gio through the tough times while the rest of the board already gave up on Gio 9 months ago.

There's a few of us that still liked him, but didn't really see anything other than average. If Gio does turn into anything, Parkman (although even he did doubt him himself briefly before flip flopping back) should be handing out some nice fresh warm crow to alot of posters. Ray Run will have the biggest slice.

I still say let's pump the brakes with one start however. But like Moncada, it's a promising start.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not true. Did I say that he was bad last year? Yeah. There is no way to objectively argue otherwise. I still thought he had a chance to be good. Did I trash his performance last year? Yeah. He deserved every bit of criticism. I always thought, always that he still had a chance to be good. I told people to be patient with the two of them.  I have been among Giolito's and Moncada's most ardent supporters consistently.  The occasional negative statement does not constitute that I've still supported both of them. Take that stick you have up your ass out. 

You couldn't objectively defend their performance last year. It doesn't change the fact that I still believed in both of them, just because I didn't defend them. 

1. Giolito gradually got his fastball back and his mechanics have changed twice since his struggles last year. There was reason for optimism. 

You’ve been Gio’s biggest supporter even while the rest of the board was piling on. I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

If we can win this game, still a big if, as it enters the final three innings, we actually aren't in horrible shape. Because the Royals have been throwing so much off speed slop, it's been good practice for our hitters as they see offspeed crap in coming weeks/months. unlike Giolito  who has been mixing it up, these guys are feeding our guys slop. Can't hurt, all this practice against offspeed crud.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You’ve been Gio’s biggest supporter even while the rest of the board was piling on. I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

I never piled on. Too early to bury any of our prospects.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

I wouldn’t be claiming any sort of victory on Giolito being good.  Does everyone forget that this is what he does?  He looks great one game and horrible the next.

i dunno about any long term improvement but if he can come out at 95 more often than not he's got a helluva lot more margin for error.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

I wouldn’t be claiming any sort of victory on Giolito being good.  Does everyone forget that this is what he does?  He looks great one game and horrible the next.

Giolito is great after 1 start. 

Chris Sale may never be the same after 1 start.

#logic

• Like 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

i dunno about any long term improvement but if he can come out at 95 more often than not he's got a helluva lot more margin for error.

Yea we didn't see this kind of velocity with him till like mid season last year.

Gio has dominated KC during his career. That said, there are some things to be happier about with him. Outside of the first hitter, his command seems better. He is missing more bats,He is throwing harder, and he isn’t just giving the runner a free base anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I already said I have to see it for 10 starts before I gloat. 

I have to see Moncada until mid-June for the same. 

You bet your ass if both guys are good by mid-June I will be gloating. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Gio has dominated KC during his career. That said, there are some things to be happier about with him. Outside of the first hitter, his command seems better. He is missing more bats,He is throwing harder, and he isn’t just giving the runner a free base anymore.

And 4 pitches working at once. Felt like his previous good starts were all FB/Ch or curveball only, only 2 of 4 ever clicking at once.

• Tony locked and unpinned this topic