Why was Matt Davidson Dropped?

Insp

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I would be surprised if Davidson isn’t closimg the All Star game this year. I find it hard to believe the Rangers sent him to the minors. More idiots. This guy is great. How come MLB execs can’t see it?

Yeah. How the fuck can the Rangers just release him from a non-guarnateed, minor league deal in which he k'd 16 times in 52 PAs with a .205 AVG in spring training? Morons! Oh well, their loss.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Insp said:

The Sox made Machado a fair offer and it was ignored, so that's not a blunder by Hahn.  

The Sox offer was not fair. It was a bad offer, they were trying to win a negotiation, not sign a great player. 

• Like 4

If Davidson 

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah. How the fuck can the Rangers just release him from a non-guarnateed, minor league deal in which he k'd 16 times in 52 PAs with a .205 AVG in spring training? Morons! Oh well, their loss.

If Davidson has indeed been released by the Rangers, now is the time for Hahn to sign him up to a minor league contract so he can be assigned to a bullpen and we can all see just how good or bad a pitcher he can be.  

Would the offense be better with a DH platoon of Davidson and Palka...maybe but then you've got 2 guys taking up that spot who are lousy defensively.  Alonso should put up decent power numbers even though the reason  they traded for him is a joke (no matter how much Hahn denies the reason why)

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I would be surprised if Davidson isn’t closing the All Star game this year. I find it hard to believe the Rangers sent him to the minors. More idiots. This guy is great. How come MLB execs can’t see it?

The Rangers sent him down and they are not interested in his pitching. He got lit up by the Cubs after ten pitches which is all that he can throw.  

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

A fair offer? They offered about 17% less than the Padres to the tune of 50 million dollars

The Sox offered Machado both big money and a family reunion.  What's unfair about that?