Why was Matt Davidson Dropped?

Insp

The Matt pitching thing is so overrated. He coulda just as easily been lit up in those 3, count em, 3 outings. It's not like he was throwing 99 or something. It shows you in fact how hard it is to get a hit in baseball. There are 8 defenders out there and it's likely more than not you are gonna hit it at somebody in the field especially with all the shifts.

On 4/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, greg775 said:

The Matt pitching thing is so overrated. He coulda just as easily been lit up in those 3, count em, 3 outings. It's not like he was throwing 99 or something. It shows you in fact how hard it is to get a hit in baseball. There are 8 defenders out there and it's likely more than not you are gonna hit it at somebody in the field especially with all the shifts.

Saw him pitch in a ST game against the Cubs... he couldn't complete the inning.

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Check out the new rule changes this year. The league and players union agreed to essentially obsolete that player type in exchange for a 26th roster spot. 

How would this effect Ohtani? I assume he would just count as a pitcher, one of the 13, but can also bat. As opposed to being labeled as a position player who can also pitch, meaning the Angels could carry 13 pitchers + Ohtani.

2 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

How would this effect Ohtani? I assume he would just count as a pitcher, one of the 13, but can also bat. As opposed to being labeled as a position player who can also pitch, meaning the Angels could carry 13 pitchers + Ohtani.

Yeah, as it is now, from what I’ve heard, they’re going to have a roster disadvantage during the season he returns before they will be able to reclassify him.

Personally, I think it’s a stupid rule.