Bogaerts Finalizing Extension with Red Sox

Sockin

Also, Hahn recently stated in an interview with Chuck when asked about all these extensions that we’d simply go the trade route if free agency doesn’t have what we need.  Like obviously that will be our only alternative, but it’s clearly a shitty one and that will cost us most of our prospect depth.

Next years free agent market is officially trash. The dwindling 2020 free agent class was definitely worth saving the $50 million of guaranteed money for, right? :angry: 

And now, they plan on trading from the farm to supplement from their free agent pursuit failures? This sounds like old white sox stuff to me. You know the years where they were 'mired in mediocrity'. 

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This simply reaffirms my belief that JDM will be available on the open market in another 7 months, who happens to be my #1 target for the Sox next offseason.

And I’m so sure the Sox will land him.  😂 

You were way off.  It’s okay to admit you were wrong.

Edited by Harper2Sox

35 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I wish I could remember the few posters who said missing out on Machado and Harper was no big deal because so many good free agents would be available next offseason.

I wanted Harper. I never had interest in Machado at $30M a year over 10 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if Moncada has a higher fWAR at 3b this year than Machado.

The Sox RF situation on the other hand is a mess for the foreseeable future. Never understood why Sox fans saw Machado as a better fit than Harper given that the infield is already league average while the OF is a complete mess.

Anyways, the Sox should ensure Alonso’s doesn’t reach the PA threshold for the option to kick in and make signing JDM their top priority next offseason. I imagine the Sox will also extend Abreu. A 2020 lineup of Moncada, Madrigal, JDM, Abreu, and Eloy would be a force.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

And I’m so sure the Sox will land him.  😂 

You were way off.  It’s okay to admit you were wrong.

About what? Take a look at my 2019-2020 offseason priorities thread. I identified JDM as my top target for the Sox. Castellanos as my #2. Pretty sure both will be available.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

About what? Take a look at my 2019-2020 offseason priorities thread. I identified JDM as my top target for the Sox. Castellanos as my #2. Pretty sure both will be available.

Both guys will now be the best available players next offseason after all the even better players signed extensions.  Good luck hoping the Sox come through on signing the best available players in a free agency period.  😂 

It isn’t happening but I guess the world needs dreamers.

Edited by Harper2Sox

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

Both guys will now be the best available players next offseason after all the best players signed extensions.  Good luck hoping the Sox come through on signing the best available players in a free agency period.  😂 

Best players available? How do you figure? I already explained my rationale for why the Sox are in a great position to land a player like JDM. You think the suitors for Harper and Machado were limited last winter? JDM’s market will be even smaller but I still think he gets $85M or so to make it worth opting out. Certainly within the Sox budgetary comfort zone.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Best players available? How do you figure? I already explained my rationale for why the Sox are in a great position to land a player like JDM. You think the suitors for Harper and Machado were limited last winter? JDM’s market will be even smaller but I still think he gets $85M or so to make it worth opting out. Certainly within the Sox budgetary comfort zone.

What is the largest contract the Sox have given out?  Oh yeah...

No one should believe it until they see it.

Edited by Harper2Sox