GameThread: White Sox (Nova) @ Indians (Clevinger)

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, Moncada said:

So pitch anyone else other then the worst pitcher in the pen that has never pitched late in a gameĀ 

Right, and blow out the elbows of the guys who just pitched in the previous two games and you're looking to trade in July because your team is likely to finish in fourth place. You're catching on now.

Just now, beaks99 said:

Really down on this squad so far...so many holes and poor execution and managing...only positive is YoYo and the SP...dont see any light at the end of the tunnel...

Ā 

What type of team are we?Ā Ā 

Weā€™re an awful team with similar talent compared to last yearā€™s awful team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

And when you have three games in a row, you donā€™t throw your two late inning guys in the same game youā€™re trailing.

Really? So you only pitch those guys when leading by a few late? Wont be pitching much I guess if you bring in your shit guys everytime you're down 1 or 2.

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Really? So you only pitch those guys when leading by a few late? Wont be pitching much I guess if you bring in your shit guys everytime you're down 1 or 2.

Well you also need to make sure that you have one of them available if you are winning Sunday or Monday. I know Ricky isnā€™t used to winning, but this was just a lack of having any understanding of managing a bullpen. Ā In the grand scheme of things, as long as Ricky gets fired after this year, nothing else matters. Ā He is a total joke.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

And when you have three games in a row, you donā€™t throw your two late inning guys in the same game youā€™re trailing.

Ok then so at some point in those 3 games you are going to be using pitchers other than Herrera and Colome and the guy I was responding to was talking about using Herrera and Colombe again today. What's done is done , Cannot undo it.

Lost in this trainwreck of a game (by players that don't matter) is how lost Eloy looks at the plate.Ā  Ā His bat speed is too slow for a fastball and he just looks foolish on every slider.Ā  Ā Here I was hoping he'd be that one prospect who left nothing to be considered about as soon as he arrived.Ā  Ā He looks terrible.Ā  Yes, only 4 games.Ā  But when he's on roller skates out in the OF, that premium bat better show up quickly.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just now, fathom said:

Well you also need to make sure that you have one of them available if you are winning Sunday or Monday. I know Ricky isnā€™t used to winning, but this was just a lack of having any understanding of managing a bullpen. Ā In the grand scheme of things, as long as Ricky gets fired after this year, nothing else matters. Ā He is a total joke.

Its April on a team trying to evaluate players.

Your insistence on only pitching 2 relievers - the veterans - because winning is all that matters to you is short sighted and not how a rebuilding team should handle business. They are evaluating guys. Covey sucks, sure but he's on the team transitioning to reliever. He's a GROUND BALL pitcher with a heavy sinker and they neeDed a ground ball. It makes sense.

Fact is he pitched the young guys that inning and they sucked.Ā 

Getting mad at the manager for pitching guys available to him when his two best arms pitched 2 days in a row is crazy imo.Ā 

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Lost in this trainwreck of a game (by players that don't matter) is how lost Eloy looks at the plate.Ā  Ā His bat speed is too slow for a fastball and he just looks foolish on every slider.Ā  Ā Here I was hoping he'd be that one prospect who left nothing to be considered about as soon as he arrived.Ā  Ā He looks terrible.Ā  Yes, only 4 games.Ā  But when he's on roller skates out in the OF, that premium bat better show up quickly.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Eloy Jimenez does not lack bat speed.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Ā 

Ā 

His bat speed looks fine to me.Ā  He's just fouling off fastballs he should be putting in play and is struggling to adjust, like most, to MLB quality breaking pitches.Ā  Ā Give him 500 PA before making any big conclusions.

And you could argue it should be 1000-1500 PA.Ā  Long, long way to go.

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Ā 

Ā 

bat speed? Do you mean timing? Because questioning Eloy's bat speed would be a nuclear hot Ā take.

• Like 1