Cubs thread 2k19

Buehrle>Wood

Check out the schedules 

Cards - cubs/dbacks/cubs last series at home

Cubs - cards/pirates/cards last week on the road 

Brewers pirates-reds -rockies last week on the road 

Washington braves/phillies/indians all at home 

Washington is going to have to earn it, Brewers have all winnable games too bad Yelich is out.  Cardinals have a nice lead but the schedule is tough although the D'backs have fallen back.

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

If the Cubs find a way to get into the playoffs, I don't see them going far. They make bonehead plays and many times don't hit with runners in scoring in position. And all this stupid hype around Rizzo is making me sick. Please, St. Louis, sweep this series and end this stupid nonsense.

Was watching some of the game last night on the Fox Sports broadcast and they mentioned they have made the most outs on the bases this year.

8 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Check out the schedules 

Cards - cubs/dbacks/cubs last series at home

Cubs - cards/pirates/cards last week on the road 

Brewers pirates-reds -rockies last week on the road 

Washington braves/phillies/indians all at home 

Washington is going to have to earn it, Brewers have all winnable games too bad Yelich is out.  Cardinals have a nice lead but the schedule is tough although the D'backs have fallen back.

Nationals are playing the Marlins this weekend, not the Braves. 

St. Louis has already accomplished what they needed to do in this series.  Now it is time to go in for the kill so we can have a post-season without the miracle Cubbies.

Seems to me that the Cubs only win when their inconsistent offense explodes and scores a bunch of runs. In close games, they can make the big pitch or come up with the big hit. Their fans should put those "W" flags away. I don't think they will be using them much except when their miracle team plays the Pirates. And now that may not even help. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Just a historically bad run from Theo the last 2+ years. This should have been a dynasty. 

Definitely should have been, but Theo hasn’t gotten a great return on all the prospects he’s dealt and was unable to develop any starting pitching.  This run is quickly ending barring the Ricketts suddenly spending like Hal Steinbrenner.