Cubs thread 2k19

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I mean, not really sure what he can do at this point. I don’t mind him trying to let Darvish finish, his pen is a joke. 

I almost...almost feel bad for Cub fans haha. This has to be so painful lol

He was at like 98 pitches coming into the 9th with a 1 run lead.  How do you not put a reliever in if you don't want the 45 million dollar man in

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Because he was pitching well, they need all the W’s they can get and their bullpen has been a joke as of late. IMO, Darvish was their best option. Pitching the way he was, if Joe pulled him to start the 9th and Strop or some other scrub gave up the lead, everyone comes after Joe “WHY DID YOU PULL DARVISH WHEN HE WAS PITCHING SO WELL???”

Yeah, what was Maddon supposed to do?  Throw his closer in there?  😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Because he was pitching well, they need all the W’s they can get and their bullpen has been a joke as of late. IMO, Darvish was their best option. Pitching the way he was, if Joe pulled him to start the 9th and Strop or some other scrub gave up the lead, everyone comes after Joe “WHY DID YOU PULL DARVISH WHEN HE WAS PITCHING SO WELL???”

Maybe you start with him but after the lead off triple in a 1 run game he gets the yank from me.  This is like watching a white dwarf implode on itself in space.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

I mean, not really sure what he can do at this point. I don’t mind him trying to let Darvish finish, his pen is a joke. 

I almost...almost feel bad for Cub fans haha. This has to be so painful lol

Lol...I’m enjoying every second of it.  I’m from the North Side and most of my friends are Cubs fans plus my wife is a diehard as well.  They have all given up and a few are pushing for a rebuild.  The timing couldn’t be better with my oldest kid being five and hopefully just starting to get into sports.  Please rebuild away Cubs and let the Sox own Chicago for the next half decade.

Just now, Tony said:

For who? He struck out 12 guys, didn’t walk anyone. Who are you bringing out of the Cubs pen that you feel better about than Darvish at that point?

This has forever been the problem with the armchair manager. So easy to blame the manager, but at some point, players need to execute. He had his best pitcher on the mound, who was under 100 pitches. His bullpen has been a complete joke most of the season. 

Sorry, but I just can’t blame the manager in that situation. It’s his job to put his team in the best position to succeed, and given the situation, going to the Cubs bullpen ain’t it. 

Yeah, really. What is Maddon supposed to do there? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The bad news(good for Cub fans) is that the Cubs are playing the Pirates next and that team is in disarray. That's likely an easy 3 wins there for the Cubs. 

milwaukee brewers has reds and rockies and cardinals arizona and cubs again there only hope if  nationals blows it

2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

milwaukee brewers has reds and rockies and cardinals arizona and cubs again there only hope if  nationals blows it

The Nationals have the Phillies and Indians, with one doubleheader vs. Philadelphia. They're(the Cubs) not dead yet. Especially if the Cardinals rest guys after they lock up the division. 

Edited by Jack Parkman