Buehrle>Wood

Cubs thread 2k19

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow, Kimbrel meltdown.

Just a historically bad run from Theo the last 2+ years. This should have been a dynasty. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Just a historically bad run from Theo the last 2+ years. This should have been a dynasty. 

Definitely should have been, but Theo hasn’t gotten a great return on all the prospects he’s dealt and was unable to develop any starting pitching.  This run is quickly ending barring the Ricketts suddenly spending like Hal Steinbrenner.

Who wouldn't Theo part with to get Colome? 

Instead he throws 3/43 at Kimbrel an gets this.

Does anyone else think with Colome this team is in the playoffs or at least in the lead at this point?

2 minutes ago, rowand's rowdies said:

Who wouldn't Theo part with to get Colome? 

Instead he throws 3/43 at Kimbrel an gets this.

Does anyone else think with Colome this team is in the playoffs or at least in the lead at this point?

No. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Definitely should have been, but Theo hasn’t gotten a great return on all the prospects he’s dealt and was unable to develop any starting pitching.  This run is quickly ending barring the Ricketts suddenly spending like Hal Steinbrenner.

Castellanos was a good acquisition, but it looks like it isn't going to mean much. 

Quintana trade? Bad

Darvish? Bad

Brandon Morrow? Bad 

Chatwood? Bad

The Russell sitch? Bad 

Heyward? Still meh, still making a ton of money.  

Such a good core, just hasn't been able to surround it with smart moves, and the system is in shambles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Castellanos was a good acquisition, but it looks like it isn't going to mean much. 

Quintana trade? Bad

Darvish? Bad

Brandon Morrow? Bad 

Chatwood? Bad

The Russell sitch? Bad 

Heyward? Still meh, still making a ton of money.  

Add the Justin Wilson trade to that list (Paredes looks great as a prospect for Detroit).

Just now, SoxAce said:

Add the Justin Wilson trade to that list (Paredes looks great as a prospect for Detroit).

Seriously, there are some I'm forgetting I'm sure. Hell, add Kimbrell to the list at this point. 

I'd still take Theo in a second, I think he's an incredibly smart guy, but the last 2+ years have been VERY bad. 

The problem is Theo doesn’t like to keep young stars around like the astros doing or what the Sox trying to do

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yes! suck it Cubs!

The Carlos Martinez thrill ride has been a lot on my blood pressure the last few days. He gave Baez three good pitches to hit.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Carlos Martinez thrill ride has been a lot on my blood pressure the last few days. He gave Baez three good pitches to hit.

Gotta give the Cards credit. NOBODY had them doing anything this season. Talk all offseason and year was about the Cubs and Brewers battling it out for the division. 

Edited by SoxAce

This is turning out to be a wonderful weekend.  

Hey Chicago what do you say...time to run Maddon outta town today 😁