Weekday tailgating

Jnooch

Yeah, maybe not as much as a weekend game but I still see people who get out there early enough to tailgate.  I know the home opener there is always a ton of people tailgating.  Over the last few years, that is the highlight of the home opener in my opinion.  If it isn't the crappy baseball being played, the crappy weather will be there to ruin it.

2 hours ago, tkling36 said:

Yeah, maybe not as much as a weekend game but I still see people who get out there early enough to tailgate.  I know the home opener there is always a ton of people tailgating.  Over the last few years, that is the highlight of the home opener in my opinion.  If it isn't the crappy baseball being played, the crappy weather will be there to ruin it.

Looking at the schedule they literally could not have picked a worse day this week to have the opener.  Thursday looks like it will rainy and in the 40s.  WTF is this bullshit 2 day series with Cleveland with an off day mixed in?  I don't get it.  

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Looking at the schedule they literally could not have picked a worse day this week to have the opener.  Thursday looks like it will rainy and in the 40s.  WTF is this bullshit 2 day series with Cleveland with an off day mixed in?  I don't get it.  

Seems like they always have these built in off days so they can adjust for weather related issues but they never actually adjust anything.  Looking at the forecast, I would rather they just announce the home opener is moved to Friday so I can adjust my PTO to that day.  Same crap happened a couple years ago where we showed up, they let everyone buy concessions for an hour then postponed it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tkling36 said:

Seems like they always have these built in off days so they can adjust for weather related issues but they never actually adjust anything.  Looking at the forecast, I would rather they just announce the home opener is moved to Friday so I can adjust my PTO to that day.  Same crap happened a couple years ago where we showed up, they let everyone buy concessions for an hour then postponed it.

My guess is that this will be a repeat of 2017.  From what I can recall over the past 20 years, the only time the Sox home opener was moved ahead of the actual game day was the year that it snowed (maybe 2009?).

Edited by smalls2598

18 minutes ago, tkling36 said:

They played several innings last year before it started snowing...

21 minutes ago, tkling36 said:

That was Opening Day 2017. I was there too. The Sox handled that entire situation so poorly. But I ended up getting to miss two days of school because of it and I had better seats the second day because no one was there, so it was worth it. Haha.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tkling36 said:

Yeah, I'm in same boat, but just talked to my friend that I'm going with and we're just going to do Thursday, if it gets rained out we'll just enjoy the day. 

2 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

That was Opening Day 2017. I was there too. The Sox handled that entire situation so poorly. But I ended up getting to miss two days of school because of it and I had better seats the second day because no one was there, so it was worth it. Haha.

From a business, money-making standpoint, not really, haha.