Home Opener pushed to Friday

Ross Gload Fan

I have not heard anything but I hope it is true.  It's supposed to start raining tonight and not stop until tomorrow night so it definitely would be the right decision.    What is the purpose of having that buffer day after the opener if not to use it for a situation like this?    It would also help move many of those unsold opening day tickets.   Do it JR!

11 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I see no rain in forcast for tomorrow? Is this just another ploy to make money? Let's play ball already, enough with the greed!

70% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.  Rain is forecast to stop in the afternoon.  My guess is that they will delay it and try to get it in.

I have opening day tickets but I will not be going tomorrow.  I went on opening day 2017 and I will never do that again.  If the Sox try to squeeze the game in and have poor attendance, it's their own damn fault.  If they move the game to Friday either tonight or early tomorrow morning, then I will go on Friday and buy food/drinks.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

2017 was an absolute disgrace.  In 2016 they played in the snow.   Sat out there in 2017 for 3 hours with no rain.

They act like it is 1915 where you struggle to communicate things to people.  If I go out there tomorrow, I will not be coming back Friday. 

That's my plan as well.  Just googled and nothing about delay as of yet, but we'll see.  I'm taking tomorrow off if they don't cancel it today and if it doesn't get in, then oh well, I'll just have a fun day with my friends and not come back Friday.

I'm not going this year, but I think my plan for when I do go to home openers is to take both days off. If they play the scheduled day, then I just come into the office. If they play the second day and give notice that it's being pushed back, I will go to the office the first day. If they PPD when everyone is already there, then I guess I just change nothing and have both days off.

Tomorrow has such a similar feel to 2017.  The rain will be on and off, so there will be this constant tease that the game will be played.  They may even take the tarp off and warm up..........then put the tarp back on because more rain is developing.  Eventually it will be called.  The Sox need to understand that they have discretion to postpone the game early and not go through this dog and pony show.  A repeat of 2017 will just do more to damage the franchise and will cost them money in the long run.

• Like 1

For those of you who can't make make it trust me that you would be much angrier if you went, spent a bunch of money on concessions, still got soaked, and then find out that the game is still going to be postponed which is very likely what would have happened. 

1 minute ago, RichieZisk said:

For those of you who can't make make it trust me that you would be much angrier if you went, spent a bunch of money on concessions, still got soaked, and then find out that the game is still going to be postponed which is very likely what would have happened. 

I guess so. I'll just stay in tomorrow anyway and watch baseball on TV. Last day of the Extra Innings preview on DirecTV.

3 hours ago, Scoots said:

Playing a 7-1 Mariners team...yikes. Makes me a bit nervous. Hopefully Lopez is on point unlike the other day when he said the weather got to him.

7-1 is an absolute mirage. That team STINKS