Sox Win!

TheTruth05

2 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Wish I could have watched the game.

A healthy Rodon, Moncada off to a hot start, Abreu looking good, Eloy with a couple hits...exciting stuff.

Add Nova as a.500 pitcher, and Santana,Cease and others. Pitching might be OK.

2 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Wish I could have watched the game.

A healthy Rodon, Moncada off to a hot start, Abreu looking good, Eloy with a couple hits...exciting stuff.

Moncada is scalding. Just wait till Eloy gets his bearings. Then it will be really fun. The starting pitching isn't this good but fun while it lasts.

Greg told you our starting pitching would dominate the division. Rodon take a bow!! That's why I want to accelerate the rebuild. Win the damn division!

Congrats to Moncada, what a freaking bomb! Abreu. My guy. I've always worshiped him. And I hate to say it but Alonso is a professional hitter and is a big league talent whose protection will help Abreu. This team has some good pieces. Tinker and make it work Hahn! Win now!

We've got the rotation. Sign Dallas now; find another reliever SOON. And get a second baseman even if his name is Gordon Beckham. Just.Win.Baby.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Greg told you our starting pitching would dominate the division. Rodon take a bow!! That's why I want to accelerate the rebuild. Win the damn division!

Congrats to Moncada, what a freaking bomb! Abreu. My guy. I've always worshiped him. And I hate to say it but Alonso is a professional hitter and is a big league talent whose protection will help Abreu. This team has some good pieces. Tinker and make it work Hahn! Win now!

We've got the rotation. Sign Dallas now; find another reliever SOON. And get a second baseman even if his name is Gordon Beckham. Just.Win.Baby.

they're 2-3, slow down a bit.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

they're 2-3, slow down a bit.

Put Harper and Keuchel on this team and a second baseman and a real catcher and one more reliever who can actually pitch ... uh, pretty damn good team. Think about it. All those moves were attainable with our payroll.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Put Harper and Keuchel on this team and a second baseman and a real catcher and one more reliever who can actually pitch ... uh, pretty damn good team. Think about it. All those moves were attainable with our payroll.

I'm with you there.  But we've been over it and now they are playing with what they have which is probably about 75 win talent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm with you there.  But we've been over it and now they are playing with what they have which is probably about 75 win talent. 

Amen, brother. Truthfully, still probably less than 75 (even though greg predicted 88 wins).

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Amen, brother. Truthfully, still probably less than 75 (even though greg predicted 88 wins).

Some cool things are happening offensively and Rodon, Gio and Nova have all looked pretty good.  That said the defense will continue to be god awful and the bullpen + ricky is like bleach and ammonia anarchist cookbook shit explosive.

It's been entertaining so far, I'll give them that.  

• Like 1

They will figure out the bullpen.  With Ruiz already up and Hamilton, Burdi, Thompson, and Viera in AAA, they can mix and match until they find the right combo.  As far as defense, I don’t think Yolmer is going to make 100 errors, but who knows?

13 hours ago, Nokona said:

Math's tricky

Today's Sox Math Question:

Take the Number of regular season games the Sox have played this year.

Multiply that by the number of games Soxtalk thinks they have played this year.

Then add the number of balls Palka has misplayed and subtract how many days Jay has been on the IL.

The first correct answer gets the whole damn prize shelf and lunch with Chuck Garfien.