ALONSO LINEUP EFFECT

poppysox

I really hope our OF alignment by May 2020 is Eloy-Robert-Adolfo.  I think Adolfo blows up this season and is top 20 top prospect.  The guy just has it IMO.  Obviously Robert will be right there with him if hes can stay healthy this season. 

Look, I don't care for Palka either but he did hit 27 HR last year with 450 PAs.  That has some value in it to at least see what he is.  The Sox aren't doing anything this year, he's not going to cost us anything.  Let him get his ABs and if he continues to suck send him down.  Who cares.

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really hope our OF alignment by May 2020 is Eloy-Robert-Adolfo.  I think Adolfo blows up this season and is top 20 top prospect.  The guy just has it IMO.  Obviously Robert will be right there with him if hes can stay healthy this season. 

Robert is a sure thing.  Between Adolfo, Basabe & Rutherford I like our chances.  I was very happy to see improvement in Rutherford.

41 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The gain was that they no longer had to move one of their starters and could contend for another season.

Wow I had no idea $9M was the difference between Cleveland trading a valuable member of their starting rotation for nothing in return and not being able to contend. Tell me what else your magic crystal ball says. That $9M must be like magic beans used to be.

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, that’s probably a good thing if Kluber burns a year of team control and possibly regresses a bit.

Yep, exactly what I mentioned earlier in the thread. We aren’t contending this year anyway. I hope Cleveland holds on to all their pitchers longer than they should. Just makes their eventual rebuild tougher and longer...

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So far some really good at bats from him.   He's the 1st legit DH they've had since Dunn was decent.  He smoked a ball off Kikuchi as well that was unluckily right at Smith in CF.

He's the first legit 1st baseman since Paulie* we have had a legit DH in Abreu for a while. For some reason he and Ricky believe he is a 1st baseman. Abreu should not be in the field anymore

A few of you have asserted that Palka has a weak arm. That is not what I have read, nor seen. His arm has always been rated better than average, and he even pitched in college, with a 90 mph fastball. He may not have a great arm, but it's not the weakest part of his defense, in the outfield. His reads and range are both more of a problem, than his arm. Hopefully, the weight loss and more experience will help him to become serviceable in the outfield. Of course, first base would be more suitable, but there is no room for him there, on this roster. 

32 minutes ago, Lillian said:

A few of you have asserted that Palka has a weak arm. That is not what I have read, nor seen. His arm has always been rated better than average, and he even pitched in college, with a 90 mph fastball. He may not have a great arm, but it's not the weakest part of his defense, in the outfield. His reads and range are both more of a problem, than his arm. Hopefully, the weight loss and more experience will help him to become serviceable in the outfield. Of course, first base would be more suitable, but there is no room for him there, on this roster. 

Your possibly right.  I guess Avi spoiled me.

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Twins just DFAd Tyler Austin. Would be perfect platoon mate for Alonso. Another 1B/DH type but he can play some RF, but not well. 

Probably unlikely to get thru KC, TOR and NYY before the Sox would have a chance to get him tho.