4/4 Games (Opening Day for Minors)

14 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

You just got done saying that a Mike Trout comparison was "good"

Yeah, I did.  His ceiling is Trout, but his most likely outcome is Soriano. It all depends on how good of a hitter he becomes. 

Both Robert and Moncada have best player in baseball ceilings. They both ooze talent out of every orifice of their bodies. Ceiling =/= most likely outcome. It is mildly  annoying that Renteria won't let Moncada steal bags. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, I did.  His ceiling is Trout, but his most likely outcome is Soriano. It all depends on how good of a hitter he becomes. 

His most likely outcome is a guy who went 40/40 twice? And his high outcome is the best player in the past 50 years? Yeesh, setting that bar high boys. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

His most likely outcome is a guy who went 40/40 twice? And his high outcome is the best player in the past 50 years? Yeesh, setting that bar high boys. 

For Moncada and Robert, absolutely they both have that ceiling. Both could do 40/40 easily.  They might be the most talented pair of young players on any team in baseball. They both have the talent to be generational players. It is up to them to prove it. If they have a manager than lets them run, I don't doubt that should both Moncada and Robert hit at the MLB level they'll both put up at least 1 40-40 season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jake said:

I honestly have a hard time saying Robert has a higher ceiling than Moncada and it's meant as nothing negative about Robert

I'm a huge Robert fan, but I think you can argue that Moncada might have the highest ceiling in all of baseball. There's nothing he can't do exceptionally well. Tool wise, Robert reminds me of Mike Cameron. Off the top of my head, I can't think of another IF comp for Moncada. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

I'm a huge Robert fan, but I think you can argue that Moncada might have the highest ceiling in all of baseball. There's nothing he can't do exceptionally well. 

Well he doesn't have a higher ceiling than Mike Trout.. because, like, Mike trout has possibly had the best start to a career in baseball history.

• Like 2

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

I'm a huge Robert fan, but I think you can argue that Moncada might have the highest ceiling in all of baseball. There's nothing he can't do exceptionally well. 

I agree with this. Robert might not be as good of a hitter and won't have as good of an eye, but he has massive power to make up for it. The only difference in their skilsets is that, otherwise they're pretty similar. 

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well he doesn't have a higher ceiling than Mike Trout.. because, like, Mike trout has possibly had the best start to a career in baseball history.

Moncada could be damn near Trout levels. I don't think either Moncada or Robert will hit .340 in a season but for Moncada his ceiling is as close to Trout as you can get. I could see Robert hitting 50+ HR one day, while I think Moncada would top out in the 40-45 range. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I've always thought of Robert was fairly comparable to Byron Buxton as a prospect. I guess a grade better power and worse defense and arm.

MLB Pipeline grades his arm at 60 and describes him as having a "strong arm".

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If you don't think Trout is juicing then... wanna buy a bridge? 

You think everyone is juicing. I can't take you seriously in this regard. While you may be right, that is an extremely skeptical viewpoint that even though I don't necessarily think you're wrong, I think that they'd all eventually get caught. Masking indefinitely runs into issues, one slip up and you're busted. 

Edited by Jack Parkman