4/4 Games (Opening Day for Minors)

11 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Men-dink with a 3 run bomb. Charlotte lots of runs being scored.

EDIT: Collins hits a solo and they go back to back

Probably going to be a lot of homeruns in charlotte this year. AAA is using the major league balls this year and everyone knows how juiced those are. So juiced balls in that stadium is going to look like a PCL team.

Edited by GenericUserName
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

I think most are juicing. Absolutely. I'm not sure if you work out, but if you do, you'd know Trout ain't natty. It is what it is. I love to watch him play. 

Maybe certain people are just freaks of nature? Are they not allowed to exist? 

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I think most are juicing. Absolutely. I'm not sure if you work out, but if you do, you'd know Trout ain't natty. It is what it is. I love to watch him play. 

This is nonsense. If you work out youd know? Lol

The internet is a great place. Been in baseball gyms with thin juicers and bulky naturals. This isnt 1993 pal. There are roids that would keep you thin but chiseled and incredibly strong.. allows you to keep speed.

Trout has been taking a shit all over baseball since he was 14 years old. He was a stocky fast high school super star. Football build. Never missed a beat in the minors. No body transformations.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The internet is a great place. Been in baseball gyms with thin juicers and bulky naturals. This isnt 1993 pal. There are roids that would keep you thin as a rail.

Trout has been taking a shit all over baseball since he was 14 years old. He was a stocky fast high school star. Never missed a beat in the minors. 

I actually agree with you here. He thinks that 90% of baseball players use roids regularly.

@TaylorStSox

What size tin foil hat do you wear? 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The internet is a great place. Been in baseball gyms with thin juicers and bulky naturals. This isnt 1993 pal. There are roids that would keep you thin but chiseled and incredibly strong.. allows you to keep speed.

Trout has been taking a shit all over baseball since he was 14 years old. He was a stocky fast high school super star. Football build. Never missed a beat in the minors. No body transformations.

I agree with you. I've been weight training for over 60 years. I was a "pioneer" in that discipline, starting back in 1959, and I've never quit. I've been in gyms all my life. Trout doesn't look at all like a guy on steroids. 

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I agree with you. I've been weight training for over 60 years. I was a "pioneer" in that discipline, starting back in 1959, and I've never quit. I've been in gyms all my life. Trout doesn't look at all like a guy on steroids. 

You are awesome Lillian. I can't imagine many women lifted weights back then. Very cool you've stuck with it that long

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

That's rad. I disagree about Trout, but your story is really cool. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You are awesome Lillian. I can't imagine many women lifted weights back then. Very cool you've stuck with it that long

How nice of you to say that. Thank you. Yes, I was considered pretty weird, and heard all of the misconceptions. It's been very interesting to see how popular and accepted it has become. Back then, you could hardly find a place to work out. Now, it seems that there's a gym in every neighborhood. 

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I'd say 50% of baseball. 95% of the NFL. 99% of Cycling, MMA, Boxing are on PED's. 

No way on 50% in MLB anymore. 

Pre-2004ish it was 50%+ I'd say. But that's speculation.

Post 2004ish, college wasn't even close to 50% and college had just as big of a problem prior. I'd say college was less than 20%, and minor league baseball wasn't anything like it was prior either. 

You're probably looking at around 10% today. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No way on 50% in MLB anymore. 

Pre-2004ish it was 50%+ I'd say. But that's speculation.

Post 2004ish, college wasn't even close to 50% and college had just as big of a problem prior. I'd say college was less than 20%, and minor league baseball wasn't anything like it was prior either. 

You're probably looking at around 10% today. 

That's absolutely insane. We'll agree to disagree. 

I also think the juiced ball contributed to the pre 2004 offensive spike as much as the use of PED's. Deadening the ball helped lower the numbers post 2004. Players are a lot better at gaming the system now though. Lots of guys are beating the olympic test. The ones that get caught do so because they get sloppy. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ok. The culture of users definitely went underground - used to be much more open - but people aren't dumb. 

Agree to disagree but I can say that pretty confidently. Obviously an estimation though.

They had to. Baseball couldn't hide it anymore. Players had to get more creative. 

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

I also think the juiced ball contributed to the pre 2004 offensive spike as much as the use of PED's. Deadening the ball helped lower the numbers post 2004. Players are a lot better at gaming the system now though. Lots of guys are beating the olympic test. The ones that get caught do so because they get sloppy. 

It didn't. The reason people talk about a juiced ball recently was due to very good and very specific research. The offensive boom of the late 90s early 00s didn't come out of nowhere like the juiced ball did, it came as a result of expansion. In many previous eras of expansion offense went up, this just happened to coincide with PEDs.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It didn't. The reason people talk about a juiced ball recently was due to very good and very specific research. The offensive boom of the late 90s early 00s didn't come out of nowhere like the juiced ball did, it came as a result of expansion. In many previous eras of expansion offense went up, this just happened to coincide with PEDs.

That's a good point.