4/4 Games (Opening Day for Minors)

Just now, GenericUserName said:

Ankle injury when he got twisted up covering first on a grounder to the 1B. He stayed in after but lost command so he got pulled. Hopefully just a sprained ankle.

Ah, that's not so bad then.

Robert and Collins have certainly raised our hopes and expectations, for this rebuild. Very encouraging. It's a shame that the Sox coaching staff tinkered with Collins' swing mechanics. They seemed determined to have him "ditch the hitch". I assume that he is still hitting with his original mechanics, which he went back to, late last season. Comes under the category of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

• Like 1

One last bummer that isn't really a bummer - the Kannapolis assignment is a big jump for Sosa and Bush, we may have to deal with some growing pains this month. Hopefully by june we see them hanging around.

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Stiever received no help defensively in the first inning. Ran his pitch count up because of it. 5 K's through 2 IP though. He's my sleeper this season.

Get in line. ;) Me and @ChiliIrishHammock24 have been on that bandwagon.

3 hours ago, raBBit said:

So excited for minor league box scores!!!!!

Haha. Good to see the ol' prospect heads back at it here. You can definitely tell the regulars around here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

I think most are juicing. Absolutely. I'm not sure if you work out, but if you do, you'd know Trout ain't natty. It is what it is. I love to watch him play. 

Its extremely difficult to do do that now with blood baseline testing. Masking is no longer effective because you can't mask a level. They dont need to look for specific substances any longer.

Robert and Collins getting everyone excited for the minor league season. Heck, even Madrigal with two walks is very encouraging to see. I don't really care if Madrigal never hits for any power, but he has to at least walk some to be a good on-base guy if that is gonna be the case. Hitting an empty .300 is still only so valuable.

I just watched the replay of Collins' 2 homers, on my new MILB.TV subscription. They were monster shots, especially the second one. You can't tell much, from those Twitter clips. They were really hit a long way. Is that ever great to see. He may have a chance to be something, after all.