Sox Home Opener vs Ms

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Colome and Herrera are solid, and Fry/Ruiz emerge as solid bullpen pieces, you can squint and see a contender. This whole division is down right now. They should jump on it.  

This is around a 75 win team with ok luck. Maybe they could back their way into .500 if just about everything broke right.

Contender is a leap too far.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

This is around a 75 win team with ok luck. Maybe they could back their way into .500 if just about everything broke right.

Contender is a leap too far.

OK luck, sure, if enough things break right with young player development(mainly Giolito/Lopez/Eloy/Moncada all break out and become good to great this year) 82-88 wins isn't out of the question. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Colome and Herrera are solid, and Fry/Ruiz emerge as solid bullpen pieces, you can squint and see a contender. This whole division is down right now. They should jump on it.  

I’m telling you right now with Machado, Joc, and a SP better than Santana we’d have a shot at the playoffs this year.  If by the end of the season I’m way off base I’ll happily be ridiculed, but this division is a joke and we have the young talent in place to take a massive leap.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m telling you right now with Machado, Joc, and a SP better than Santana we’d have a shot at the playoffs this year.  If by the end of the season I’m way off base I’ll happily be ridiculed, but this division is a joke and we have the young talent in place to take a massive leap.

I 100% agree but they didn't get Machado, and there is no use b****ing about it anymore. I'm done talking about Machado/Harper. They play elsewhere and will for the foreseeable future. 

They have enough that Machado was a luxury, not a necessity. They're still loaded. 

The big thing that has changed this season is that Giolito and Lopez becoming rotation mainstays has gone from a luxury to a necessity. 

Edited by Jack Parkman