Sox and Mariners Game #2

Random thought for the day...if they aren't going to call it the Disabled List anymore, how about Dinged-up List so they can still say DL?

IL sucks, plus it's already Illinois, Interleague, International League.  

Find a way to call it the DL.

Ok, back to Eloy. Homer on the way, but 4-hit game would be fine too.

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Woah now, the Big Hurt was a clearly superior hitter compared to Cabrera. He had a better peak and was more consistently great. But it is true that Eloy is more similar to Cabrera than Thomas

Both great. Thomas' OPS is about .030 better but Cabrera's average is about .019 higher

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Random thought for the day...if they aren't going to call it the Disabled List anymore, how about Dinged-up List so they can still say DL?

IL sucks, plus it's already Illinois, Interleague, International League.  

Find a way to call it the DL.

Ok, back to Eloy. Homer on the way, but 4-hit game would be fine too.

IR would have worked perfectly IMO.

• Like 1

Carbrera is a Hall of famer but still not as good as hitter as Frank. If Eloy becomes Cabrera I would be absolutely thrilled. I see Eloy more compared to poor man's Josh Donaldson, although Eloy did hit for high average in the minors.

Edited by Chisox378

13 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Frank was a great hitter, but Eloy is going to have a Miguel Cabrera type career imo and that would make him arguably a better hitter than Frank

You are nuts.  Eloy won’t touch Frank’s walk to strikeout rate or his hitting numbers as a result.

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Both great. Thomas' OPS is about .030 better but Cabrera's average is about .019 higher

Thomas, of course, has already played to the end of his career, and that did drag down some of his numbers like his batting average at the end. Cabrera still will have several more years to hit, and he's hit .256 over the past 2+  seasons.

9 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Carbrera is a Hall of famer but still not as good as hitter as Frank. If Eloy becomes Cabrera I would be absolutely thrilled. I see Eloy more compared to poor man's Josh Donaldson, although Eloy did hit for high average in the minors.

Fair enough

6 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

You are nuts.  Eloy won’t touch Frank’s walk to strikeout rate or his hitting numbers as a result.

He may not have the K rate Thomas did but that doesn't necessarily make someone a better hitter. If Eloy's career ends with him having a better OPS, I'd say he finished as a better hitter. It's not going to be based on strikeout rate

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Thomas, of course, has already played to the end of his career, and that did drag down some of his numbers like his batting average at the end. Cabrera still will have several more years to hit, and he's hit .256 over the past 2+  seasons.

That's fair

12 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Fair enough

He may not have the K rate Thomas did but that doesn't necessarily make someone a better hitter. If Eloy's career ends with him having a better OPS, I'd say he finished as a better hitter. It's not going to be based on strikeout rate

The more bad pitches a hitter takes and the more good pitches in the strike zone a hitter swings at, the higher AVG they will likely have.  This is why Frank was such a good hitter — pitch recognition.

1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

Eloy is no where near Frank as a hitter. Franks K to walk was rediculously good throughout his college and minor league career. He was a bone dangerous hitter his whole career and one of the greats of all time. Eloy is not even on close pace with Frank but can be a very good hitter especially if he cuts down on the K's. 

That's a big limb to go out on...

I know this is going to sound kind of goofy but I was at the game today and lost my wallet in the parking lot. I got a call from the White Sox in the 9 th inning informing me they had it. Nothing missing. Thank you to the honest person who turned it in. With all the bad in the world it is good to know it is still mostly good. Especially at 35th and Shields.

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Can we not compare Eloy to Frank Thomas or Miguel Cabrera yet?  You sound like meatball Cubs fans.

I'm not comparing him. He just reminds me of Cabrera, with his ability to crush the ball to any field.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic