4/7- Sox vs Mariners, 1:10, WGN

flavum

10 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Can somebody tell me what happened yesterday in the 1st inning when Mallex was stealing 2nd, Santana hits a liner to right center then Smith misses 2nd before going to 3rd, getting called out.

I saw Yolmer pointing to first trying to deek Smith but they never put it on replay at the game. 

I did see a quick replay on the Seattle broadcast. Yolmer deeked  our the runner. It was classic 

Just now, Tony said:

Do you have this line in a notepad or something? As much as you beat this dead horse, you should probably just save yourself some time and copy and paste it moving forward. 

Well when we start to see the execution of his inexcusable acquisitions in action, it just makes everything even more infuriating.

Just now, DirtySox said:

I mean, did people really expect starting pitching to be good this season? This was always going to be another tank season. I'm watching for the Timmy, Yoan, Eloy at bats.

Well we need Rodon, Gio and Lopez to look good. Would also be nice to see some of our younger bullpen arms look good. If we are ever going to win we will need to pitch and play defense. No matter how many solid hitters we have. 

This Seattle team sure can hit. 

What is their plan this year? It seemed like they were planning to tank in the offseason by trading guys away like Cano and Paxton. They got a nice mix of veterans and young guys and look primed to make some noise this year. 

Just now, DirtySox said:

I mean, did people really expect starting pitching to be good this season? This was always going to be another tank season. I'm watching for the Timmy, Yoan, Eloy at bats.

Nova and Giolito were both good in their first starts. We just need. Consistent good efforts 

I think we have to give Nova a little benefit of the doubt for this inning.  He labored, but Seattle is hot right now.  Every duck snort they hit fell in.  Whoever plays them in three weeks is going to benefit from Babip regression.

Just now, OneDog847 said:

What is their plan this year? It seemed like they were planning to tank in the offseason by trading guys away like Cano and Paxton. They got a nice mix of veterans and young guys and look primed to make some noise this year. 

They will finish way below .500 their pitching is dreadful. Starters and bullpen.

2 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Their lineup honestly doesn't look bad. If Seager can come back and bounce back a bit, it looks decent.

Their pitching on the other hand, looks bad.

Edited by soxfan2014

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Do you have this line in a notepad or something? As much as you beat this dead horse, you should probably just save yourself some time and copy and paste it moving forward. 

Hahn is an epic failure so far.  It’s unfortunate but it’s true.

12 minutes ago, pcq said:

Nova not the problem. 

No he's not 

The decision-makers / talent evaluators are the problem which is of course leads us right back to ownership.

I know this site has plenty of loyal apologists but it is what it is.