4/7- Sox vs Mariners, 1:10, WGN

flavum

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

Has to be Santana right? And I agree. I would have kept him.

Rodon is pitching tomorrow.  But yeah, I’d rather keep Cordell.  Did Palka have any options left?  If so, send him to Charlotte and bring him back when Alonso is traded away later in the season so Palka can DH where he belongs.

Edited by Harper2Sox

14 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Rodon is pitching tomorrow.  But yeah, I’d rather keep Cordell.  Did Palka have any options left?  If so, send him to Charlotte and bring him back when Alonso is traded away later in the season so Palka can DH where he belongs.

Yeah but Santana will be going on Tuesday so he does need to be up. 

Yes, Palka does have options left, but I guess since Cordell already was sent down they prefer to send him down as he's already burnt an option? I dunno.

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Palka and his below .300 OBP last year was always overhyped. He was never going to become valuable to a competitive team. The sooner the Sox part with him the better. It is a waste of time keeping him in the White Sox lineup.

I’d be fine with him as a mediocre DH batting lower in the lineup but forcing him to play RF as well makes him a negative value player.

If Palka continues his non existent hitting, and Cordell hits in AAA, I bet they are swapped during the season. My money is on seeing Cordell at some point before the september call-ups either due to poor performance from Palka or he or Leury gets injured.

24 minutes ago, Scoots said:

If Palka continues his non existent hitting, and Cordell hits in AAA, I bet they are swapped during the season. My money is on seeing Cordell at some point before the september call-ups either due to poor performance from Palka or he or Leury gets injured.

I am guessing they want Cordell playing every day and don't care as much about Palka.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am guessing they want Cordell playing every day and don't care as much about Palka.

Cordell is 5 months younger than Palka.  They are both 27.  Ultimately, I don’t think either guy matters much in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Harper2Sox

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why send him down today and not tomorrow night, especially with Snell on the mound?

Because they're bringing up a reliever just for tomorrow given how taxed the bullpen is after this weekend. Just my guess. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Because they're bringing up a reliever just for tomorrow given how taxed the bullpen is after this weekend. Just my guess. 

Also wouldn't shock me to see Ruiz get sent out for  Santana after pitching twice in a row.

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Looks like we are going to suck at home again. Why oh why can't we go .600 to .650 at home?? 1-2 and looking bad going 1-2.

Of the 6 teams that won 60 percent of their games at home, 6 won at least 90 games last year.

2 teams won 65% of their home games last year, and they won 100 and 108 games last year.

IF Palka  plays it should be in The field. He will never have much value if he can’t play a position.  As for Cordell, Palka, heck throw Delmonico in there.

And while we beat on them, how about the work of the true beacon of the future, the clubhouse charismatic, the $9 million dollar man:  Yonder Alonso.