4/7- Sox vs Mariners, 1:10, WGN

flavum

Can somebody tell me what happened yesterday in the 1st inning when Mallex was stealing 2nd, Santana hits a liner to right center then Smith misses 2nd before going to 3rd, getting called out.

I saw Yolmer pointing to first trying to deek Smith but they never put it on replay at the game. 

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Can somebody tell me what happened yesterday in the 1st inning when Mallex was stealing 2nd, Santana hits a liner to right center then Smith misses 2nd before going to 3rd, getting called out.

I saw Yolmer pointing to first trying to deek Smith but they never put it on replay at the game. 

What do you want to be told? You seem to know exactly what happened.

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

How annoying. Keep starting off 1-0 and 2-0 ending with full counts and then soft singles. 

Yeah, this happens to sinkerballers. You have to chalk it up to one of those games. He's getting nickeled and dimed to death. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, this happens to sinkerballers. You have to chalk it up to one of those games. He's getting nickeled and dimed to death. 

Also happens when you can’t strike hitters out.  But I guess no one could have predicted this.