Carson Fulmer called up

Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

Bullpen got decimated over the weekend.  I imagine he'll be used in that capacity.  Especially if Santana is reinstated for tomorrow.

Yeah and fulmer can go more than one inning (unless he's bad) (that does happen a lot) (hmm...starting to rethink this)

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox team ERA 6.52. Coop will fix em.

🤣

I wish I could be as bad at my job as Kenny, Hahn, and others in the Sox organization and have the kind of job security they do.  Reinsdorf is truly an employee’s kind of boss.

Edited by Harper2Sox

9 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

🤣

I wish I could be as bad at my job as Kenny, Hahn, and others in the Sox organization and have the kind of job security they do.  Reinsdorf is truly an employee’s kind of boss.

The problem with firing Coop is Hassler has already been appointed his replacement, and since he's already in house, a change in performance wouldn't appear to be likely. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is really a thing? This should be one of the most obvious things ever. I swear some people's only exercise is jumping to conclusions. 

Yes.  People were b****ing left and right. 

"How in the world does Fulmer get sent down after that!?" 

"Over Ruiz? Seriously!?" 

"Pitch well, get demoted." etc, etc.  

1 minute ago, Hatchetman said:

OK. so what's the master plan as to why he gets sent down after pitching well?

Lol.  He was called up yesterday for 1 reason and 1 reason only. That was to pitch as much as he was needed to save the bullpen that had been taxed all weekend.  They were going to option Cordell for Santana today, so they figured they may as well get a fresh bullpen arm for a day.  Fulmer was that guy.    

That was the master plan.  That is it.  Not that complicated.  Fulmer will be back. 

6 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

OK. so what's the master plan as to why he gets sent down after pitching well?

#1 They need the roster spot.

#2 The pen is fried.

#3 Fulmer threw 47 pitches yesterday and probably isn't throwing again for 3 days because of that.

#4 It was one outing. 

#5 If this really is a new Fulmer,  he will continue to pitch well in Charlotte,  and will be up soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Hatchetman said:

that he pitched so well would seem to be a good reason to change the master plan. of course I wouldn't want to hinder the development of Jose Ruiz.

The need is more immediate.  Fulmer is a dead roster spot for at least 3 days after his outing yesterday.  Ruiz can go today if needed.

4 minutes ago, Hatchetman said:

that he pitched so well would seem to be a good reason to change the master plan. of course I wouldn't want to hinder the development of Jose Ruiz.

One outing does not change the grand scheme of things.

Ruiz may have a future in the bullpen. Until Fulmer has sustained success at any level, it's hard to predict that for him.