April 8 - Rodon v. Snell 1:10 CT (mlbTV free game of day)

bmags

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

You know, blake snell is awesome and we shouldn't expect to beat him. But everything on the other side of it is quite honestly embarrassing, especially staring in the face an org that has half our resources and continues to outperform us for the last decade.

They need to model their methods and FO after the Rays. The Rays also get competitive balance and Comp picks each year, so they end up with 3 1st round picks annually. It is easy to build a great farm system with 2 1st rounders and a Comp A pick every year. 

Every team that refuses to spend on premium talent should operate in that fashion. That is all it is. I don't believe that any team is poor and I actually believe every team could spend at least $140M on payroll if they wanted and still make money. 

Sports Franchises were designed to be expensive toys for billionaires not profit generating machines. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Jimenez looks completely lost at the plate. I really hope he can start to figure it out. 

All the hitters are looking like fools facing Snell and you choose to single out Jimenez, the rookie facing last years Cy Young winner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Here is the thing: Hahn thinks we are all crazy to be complaining because this is the rebuild and he thinks its ok to lose. I dont agree. We have to build an attitude of winning and good baseball. Hahn would rather not make the playoffs this season and get a better pick. We can see thats how this team plays on the field. Ricky cant be Ricky if the higher ups keep telling him its ok to lose.

It's called tanking. Houston lost 100 games 3 years straight. 

Wins and losses don't matter this year and won't anytime soon. The only thing that matters is letting the yound kids develop and high draft picks.

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Wins and losses don't matter this year and won't anytime soon. The only thing that matters is letting the yound kids develop and high draft picks.

I dont agree with this attitude and I doubt Houston was tanking.  This is the attitude the Sox are playing with.

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

I enjoy how quickly we all forgot that the sending out of high quality, cheap talent was supposed to accelerate our rebuild compared to houston/cubs. We had 95 losses in 2017, 100 last year, very likely 90+ this year. To say we have 3 more years of 100 losses is not due to any sort of "plan'

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They need to model their methods and FO after the Rays. The Rays also get competitive balance and Comp picks each year, so they end up with 3 1st round picks annually. It is easy to build a great farm system with 2 1st rounders and a Comp A pick every year. 

Every team that refuses to spend on premium talent should operate in that fashion. That is all it is. I don't believe that any team is poor and I actually believe every team could spend at least $140M on payroll if they wanted and still make money. 

Sports Franchises were designed to be expensive toys for billionaires not profit generating machines. 

We just need a culture of accountability because right now imcompetence, stubbornness, and a lack of creativity go unpunished.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

More like 5+ 

More like 500. We are doomed. Forever.

Rodon has nothing today, but he pitched well 2/3 starts. To say he is a reliever is just a hyperbolic hot tkae. I am not happy with the direction of the org, but this shit is getting so tiring. And because of it Soxtalk is becoming an echo chamber of people who love to be miserable.

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Was it? or was it Hahn wanting a trade later in season because he constantly wants farm talent?

So you are saying Hahn traded away Omar so we can potentially trade Colome for some more junk prospects that go into our system and no one ever hears about them again? Hahn may be worse than I thought if that were true.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

But even then, they'll get some old school manager that "knows how to win in baseball", while every other smart org sets up a smart, progressive baseball front office with a manager to execute their plan.

I'd be very happy to even have the twins set-up right now.

If you mean the current ownership group and FO, yeah I agree. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Nothing is happening until there is new ownership. At that point, we should be happy if the team remains in Chicago. We have to continue to follow the team and bide our time. We're in a Blackhawks/Dollar Bill Wirtz situation currently. I doubt the Blackhawks win anything if Bill Wirtz lived 3 more years. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

More like 500. We are doomed. Forever.

Rodon has nothing today, but he pitched well 2/3 starts. To say he is a reliever is just a hyperbolic hot tkae. I am not happy with the direction of the org, but this shit is getting so tiring. And because of it Soxtalk is becoming an echo chamber of people who love to be miserable.

I hate negativity about the Sox more than anyone but there really isn't a whole lot to be positive about currently. The pitching staff blows. The offense will be fine this year, but the pitching staff....Oy. 

I just choose not to get worked up about it anymore. I will enjoy (bad) baseball as best as I can and maybe I'll get excited when the Sox have new ownership. I still love baseball, but I'm not expecting anything from this FO/Ownership group. Maybe they'll surprise us, but I doubt it. 

Dollar Bill didn't keep me from watching the Blackhawks, so why would Uncle Jerry keep me from watching the Sox? 

Edited by Jack Parkman