April 8 - Rodon v. Snell 1:10 CT (mlbTV free game of day)

bmags

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

If a team is purposely losing, who would want to watch them? What a joke if thats true.

Have you been sleeping or extremely intoxicated for the past decade? Teams have been losing on purpose in order to rebuild in all the major sports for quite some time now. 

It's not a joke and people still watch bad bad teams cause they simply want something to do. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Have you been sleeping or extremely intoxicated for the past decade? Teams have been losing on purpose in order to rebuild in all the major sports for quite some time now. 

It's not a joke and people still watch bad bad teams cause they simply want something to do. 

This is crazy, you are saying they dont care if they win or lose? Even better if they lose because they can goof up another 1rst round pick. Keep up the hype of one prospect after another while winning never happens. Carefull, this team could be sold to Vegas if they are blowing games on purpose. This is disheartening. 

Problem with thinking this is part of the rebuild is Rodon is supposed to be someone you can rely on when you’re going to try to win. Him losing his fastball isn’t promising for a few years down the road. Seeing Nova get blasted didn’t make me fear for the rebuild yesterday, but a game like today or Lopez being so bad does. 

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

We will never get to the final product of the rebuild and win anything if we have an attitude that losing is ok. Is Ricky just being used for something so called bigger and better? Shame on the Sox if thats true.

Again, did you just show up from the past?  The Royals, Astros, and Cubs just did exactly this for a period of years to make their World Series trips.  The Sox have been into this process since the winter meetings for 2016.  I don't know if this is ignorance or idealism, but the White Sox are now in their 3rd season of self-professed rebuilding.  It has already happened.  Your shaming on a message board has no effect on that.

Just now, Chisox378 said:

Hahn and Jerry have single handedly destroyed this franchise if this is true. What a bunch of wimps, I see them do this with the Bulls but never thought it could come to baseball and our Sox.

Hahn is Gar 2.0.  They fancy themselves as shrewd operators when in reality they are yes men with no accountability.

• Love 1

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Flipped over to the cub game.  Kevin Newman is having a day.  He gifted the cubs 6 runs. 

I fear the White Sox will become the Pirates.  Looked to have promise in a bad division but never bold enough to put it all together. 

I'd settle for being the Pirates at this point.

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Hahn and Jerry have single handedly destroyed this franchise if this is true. What a bunch of wimps, I see them do this with the Bulls but never thought it could come to baseball and our Sox.

It happened with the White Sox BEFORE it happened with the Bulls.

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

This is crazy, you are saying they dont care if they win or lose? Even better if they lose because they can goof up another 1rst round pick. Keep up the hype of one prospect after another while winning never happens. Carefull, this team could be sold to Vegas if they are blowing games on purpose. This is disheartening. 

Most of the players probably care if they win or lose. The problem is that most of the players on the Sox suck. Therefore, the team is gonna lose a lot even if the players are trying hard to win. 

The point of losing 100 plus games this year is to get a higher first round pick. Theoretically, it should be harder to screw up a top 3 pick versus the number 8 pick. 

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Problem with thinking this is part of the rebuild is Rodon is supposed to be someone you can rely on when you’re going to try to win. Him losing his fastball isn’t promising for a few years down the road. Seeing Nova get blasted didn’t make me fear for the rebuild yesterday, but a game like today or Lopez being so bad does. 

I'd evaluate the players as the following: 

Stud position players: 

Moncada, Robert, Eloy

Wild Card:  (could be really good or meh to bad)
Madrigal

Complete lottery tickets: 

Burger

Rutherford 

Adolfo

Gonzalez

Walker 

Basabe

Pitcher Evaluations: 

Wild Cards: 

Kopech, Cease, Giolito

Back end starter if he can stay healthy: 

Dunning

Rodon

Fringe Starter: 

Lopez

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hahn is Gar 2.0.  They fancy themselves as shrewd operators when in reality they are yes men with no accountability.

OMG thank you sooooo much. I've been saying this since 2015. KW runs the show, we all know it.