April 8 - Rodon v. Snell 1:10 CT (mlbTV free game of day)

bmags

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This IS the team we have, and will have for the near future.

Not sure how old you are  but if you have been around to have lived through this entire near 40 yr regime, you'd be a tad pissed out too.

I was a Sox fan before Reinsdorf and I'll be one when he mercifully is no longer associated with this enterprise..

I want the next owner to be young, aggressive and highly affluent !!!

Edited by GradMc

Just now, GradMc said:

Not sure how old you are  but if you have been around to have lived through this entire near 40 yr regime, you'd be a tad pissed out too.

I was a Sox fan before Reinsdorf and I'll be one when he mercifully is no longer associated with this enterprise..

I want the next owner to be young, aggressive and highly affluent !!!

The first team I remember rooting for is the southside hitmen.  If you have been pissed off for 40 years about things, you have much bigger problems.

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

I understand where you are coming from, but the playoffs ain't happening this year. The Sox got no pitching. Can't win games without good pitching. 

I'm just focusing on guys like Anderson, Moncada, and Jimenez. They are the only guys in the starting lineup who should be on the team two years from now. 

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

I understand where you are coming from, but the playoffs ain't happening this year. The Sox got no pitching. Can't win games without good pitching. 

I'm just focusing on guys like Anderson, Moncada, and Jimenez. They are the only guys in the starting lineup who should be on the team two years from now. 

Which means the next owner is going to have to spend some bucks to augment the players they have if we plan on contending during the next decade.

14 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The first team I remember rooting for is the southside hitmen.  If you have been pissed off for 40 years about things, you have much bigger problems.

And of course you missed the point of what I was saying. Doesn't matter, though. I'm use to the hostility on this site.

Everyone wants this team to win.

The only people that are in a real position to do anything about it don"t give a damn.

And until that dynamic changes it is what it is.

Edited by GradMc

7 minutes ago, Scoots said:

If there was an award in MLB for getting fans' hopes up and then crushing them to smithereens, the Sox would win that award every single year.

There was really no reason for hopes to be up, though.  I was hopeful about a week ago because I am always hopeful to start the season...but we all knew this team would suck.