April 8 - Rodon v. Snell 1:10 CT (mlbTV free game of day)

bmags

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I'm struggling to identify the good job he's done with the staff overall in the last several years.  Does he even use analytics?  But, hey, the comfort of  lifers first, winning second.

Of course a possible replacement would be an inside guy or former player.  Sometimes they need an outsider for a different way of doing things which they never do so I'm not on the fire Cooper bandwagon.

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

There was really no reason for hopes to be up, though.  I was hopeful about a week ago because I am always hopeful to start the season...but we all knew this team would suck. 

Yeah, I guess I mean more like in-game situations. It seem every time they start a rally, the opposing team always kills it. Like they crumble under pressure.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Sure seems like they've lowered velocity under him and still haven't learned control. But are way more hittable, so that's nice.

If the pitchers can't figure out command of the fastball there is nothing anyone can do for them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Anyone who thinks this rebuild is going to work is crazy.

It certainly doesn't look good at this point.  It amazes me how many people think that just because you say you are doing a "rebuild" that that automatically will make you a World Series contender in 3-5 years. 

It would help if you had a front office that knew what it was  doing.  Not the case here, I don't think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

It certainly doesn't look good at this point.  It amazes me how many people think that just because you say you are doing a "rebuild" that that automatically will make you a World Series contender in 3-5 years. 

It would help if you had a front office that knew what it was  doing.  Not the case here, I don't think.

It can still happen but a couple different moves (undo Shields trade and signing Harper) and this team would definitely be looking good.  Imagine that lineup with Luis Robert eventually in CF.

Edited by Harper2Sox