April 8 - Rodon v. Snell 1:10 CT (mlbTV free game of day)

bmags

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

True, but it's clear they have not invested in the right coaching staff to deal with so much young pitching at once.

And to be fair, even atlanta has struggled with that to a point. They've needed vets. Sox since they lost a true no nonsense pitcher with quintana have been drowning.

I 100% agree, but you know how this organization is. At least the Bulls FO have the cojones to shitcan the coaching staff every now and then. Nothing is changing until the Sox get new ownership. There will be no winning, and lots of 95-100 loss seasons until then. This is a very dark time for the Sox. Some of these guys are going to be good, but it is all going to be wasted because the FO and Player Development staff is 10-15 years behind the rest of baseball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

What's the point of Ricky Renteria.  He gets out managed on a daily basis and his teams lack basic baseball fundamentals.  I'm not sure why the hell he's here.  

agreed.  I've seen enough of this shit show.  Just get Omar up here and let's move along to the inevitable.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I 100% agree, but you know how this organization is. At least the Bulls FO have the cojones to shitcan the coaching staff every now and then. Nothing is changing until the Sox get new ownership. There will be no winning, and lots of 95-100 loss seasons until then. This is a very dark time for the Sox. Some of these guys are going to be good, but it is all going to be wasted because the FO and Player Development staff is 10-15 years behind the rest of baseball. 

But even then, they'll get some old school manager that "knows how to win in baseball", while every other smart org sets up a smart, progressive baseball front office with a manager to execute their plan.

I'd be very happy to even have the twins set-up right now.

Here is the thing: Hahn thinks we are all crazy to be complaining because this is the rebuild and he thinks its ok to lose. I dont agree. We have to build an attitude of winning and good baseball. Hahn would rather not make the playoffs this season and get a better pick. We can see thats how this team plays on the field. Ricky cant be Ricky if the higher ups keep telling him its ok to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Here is the thing: Hahn thinks we are all crazy to be complaining because this is the rebuild and he thinks its ok to lose. I dont agree. We have to build an attitude of winning and good baseball. Hahn would rather not make the playoffs this season and get a better pick. We can see thats how this team plays on the field. Ricky cant be Ricky if the higher ups keep telling him its ok to lose.

Actually there was an attempt to make the team better and start winning this year. Considering how bad the team will likely be this season Hahn would probably prefer to deny that and claim  losing is still part of the plan. Trading Omar for 2 years of Colome is a win now trade.

You know, blake snell is awesome and we shouldn't expect to beat him. But everything on the other side of it is quite honestly embarrassing, especially staring in the face an org that has half our resources and continues to outperform us for the last decade.

2 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

This is what a tanking baseball team looks like!!!!! 

Better get used to it cause we still got 2-3 more years of it most likely. 

If the team is still tanking 2-3 years from now then the rebuild failed and the tanking will continue on for years to come.