04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Santana looks like shit but I just don't feel up in arms about this. I'm happy enough to give him a couple more starts and see if he can find the release on anything

Yeah, I was hoping for 5 innings giving up 3 or 4 runs. Obviously much worse, but the guy needs to work off the rust.

Here's something worth knowing about Ervin Santana: His name is not Ervin. His real name is Johan. Coming up through the minors he decided he didn't want to be confused with *the* Johan Santana. Did he take on his middle name? Nope. He just picked Ervin because he thought it sounded cool.  I find that to be hilarious

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Here's something worth knowing about Ervin Santana: His name is not Ervin. His real name is Johan. Coming up through the minors he decided he didn't want to be confused with *the* Johan Santana. Did he take on his middle name? Nope. He just picked Ervin because he thought it sounded cool.  I find that to be hilarious

I know that. It is hilarious. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, joejoedairy said:

someone who knows what chicago weather is usually like in april. 

Plus it gives them more hours in the day to get games in vs non-division teams. Tomorrow might turn into a late afternoon/night game with wind chills in the 20s. 

Should be packed.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s simple...the ball is juiced and everyone is capable of being a hr hitter now (besides Madrigal).  You need strikeout pitchers on your staff to succeed.  Not missing bats is a recipe to get destroyed.

The ball might be juiced, but Santana still sucks ass

This is an utter disgrace of a team...worse then the last couple of years...

We are 4-5 years away at best...ZERO faith that Hahn can rebuild...

Hahn is a joke and his acquisitions are unbearable...your starting right fielder, catcher and 2nd baseman have a total of 6 hits all season...

Castillo, Alonso,  Jay,  Santana, etc.....train wreck....

Poor Jason Bennittedi...so much enthusiasm and he has to announce all of these games...

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s simple...the ball is juiced and everyone is capable of being a hr hitter now (besides Madrigal).  You need strikeout pitchers on your staff to succeed.  Not missing bats is a recipe to get destroyed.

Don't tell Coop that. Look forward to seeing pitching for contact Dylan Cease.

• Like 1