04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

• bmags pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Everyone has noticed who the last player Chris Davis got a hit off of was, right? I can't stop smirking every time I see that in an article. 

I knew it was James Shields before looking it up, because of course it was.

• Haha 1

Here's the pro-Castillo in this order case:

- Through two games, it seems the Rays have moved Morton toward being more like he was with Pirates, much higher 2seam/sinker (Was 4 seam/curve with astros)

- Castillo is actually a damn good sinker hitter.

He's a bad curve hitter though, so he may just get curve after curve.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Here's the pro-Castillo in this order case:

- Through two games, it seems the Rays have moved Morton toward being more like he was with Pirates, much higher 2seam/sinker (Was 4 seam/curve with astros)

- Castillo is actually a damn good sinker hitter.

He's a bad curve hitter though, so he may just get curve after curve.

Counterpoint: No

And honestly I don't think that Castillo isn't a major league player or anything but he shouldn't be batting cleanup or anywhere in front of Eloy

it reminds me of when Dewayne Wise was Ozzie's best friend and he is batting him leading off and second and all of us were like WTF NO WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!?!?! Except Greg who was like "yay bat him cleanup because he made that great catch"

• Haha 3

Soon as Eloy gets comfortable, that should be the end of Castillo in the 4-hole.

But yeah, it still sucks anyway. He needs to start hitting now because otherwise the life or death of each rally started by the top falls on Abreu or Moncada. They can't do it all for us. Castillo kills rallies. 

Edited by South Sider

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Santana‘s stuff doesn‘t look great to put it mildly.

Nope, more of the same. Starting at bats off 2-0, throwing lots of pitches. Teams are going to destroy this pitching staff if they can't get ahead.