04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

What's scarier to me is that they at least appear to be way behind the Phillies and Padres, ..teams that started their rebuild at approximately the same time.  And the Mariners are at least in a partial rebuild.  And then there are the  Twins..   And they may not be far ahead of the Reds and - gasp - the Royals and Tigers.

It's legit scary looking at Hahn's FA record and then hoping almost every single prospect in the top 20 pans out so they don't have to sign any.  Does anybody have any confidence in this FO's ability to bring quality 1-2 WAR vets when the time comes?  Hell no.  We'll continue to have huge craters on the roster and it's incredibly hard to win with replacement level guys.  

The Sox teams of the 90s and early aughts rarely had negative WAR position players.  Since 2008 or something it's an annual tradition.

Garbage on the field, garbage in the dugout managerial wise, garbage in the front office and garbage ownership. Pretty much sums up the state of the franchise right now.

Sox have played 10 games this year, they have allowed eight runs or more in five of those games.

Rick Hahn was saying all winter how the staff (specifically the bullpen) was going to be much improved from last year. He may want to rethink those comments.

Regarding the starting rotation, the less said the better.

His history of signings and free agent acquisitions has been a disaster, yet somehow he's still employed.  

As his partner in crime Kenny Williams would say, "it is what it is..."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

His ex fiancee destroyed him. ;)

That's a good word for it and the timeline seems to fit.  Good lord was that dude shredded by her.

Whatever the case...he sucks ass right now.

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Garbage on the field, garbage in the dugout managerial wise, garbage in the front office and garbage ownership. Pretty much sums up the state of the franchise right now.

Sox have played 10 games this year, they have allowed eight runs or more in five of those games.

Rick Hahn was saying all winter how the staff (specifically the bullpen) was going to be much improved from last year. He may want to rethink those comments.

Regarding the starting rotation, the less said the better.

His history of signings and free agent acquisitions has been a disaster, yet somehow he's still employed.  

As his partner in crime Kenny Williams would say, "it is what it is..."

What should be done and what will be done are two different things.  Hahn has screwed this off season up BADLY.  Cringing watching Adam Jones hitting .364 right now too...and Palka can't buy a hit.  Just a shit show from top to bottom. Team needs a spark in the worst way and needs  "lollygagger" moment in the shower.  But that ain't Ricky.  Ricky needs to go...period. Keeping the seat warm for Omar...but he's not going anywhere this year unless the Sox suck their way into making the FO fire him.

8 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Everybody calling everything garbage please share your perspective on exactly how Yoan, Eloy, and TA fit into your “everything is garbage” worldview 

"They're just on a hot streak. They'll suck soon enough." :rolleyes:

Edited by Jack Parkman

At least Avi had a good series. I still say he's a good player. Oh well, the rebuilding fans and the rest of us who like good young players can take solace in the fact the rebuilding guys continue to do very well. Moncada, Eloy, Timmy baby. Unfortunately our pitching has blown chunks for some reason.

At this rate, we will be out of it by the end of April with Cleveland, Detroit and Minnie faring reasonably well. Talk me off the ledge, baby. I am upset at this team. 

48 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Everybody calling everything garbage please share your perspective on exactly how Yoan, Eloy, and TA fit into your “everything is garbage” worldview 

All three basically don't have a measurable track record yet. They could be superstars, they could be average, they could be bad...who knows. But the overall point is this this organization seems to be completely screwed up from top to bottom and even if all three of the players you mentioned hit it big, become All-Stars say, the Sox are going to need a hell of a lot more to attain in Rick's words, "sustained success..."

Personally (and I had hoped the rebuild would start showing some measurable improvement this year with a big leap in 2020) I don't think Hahn can pull it off. If this franchise is still badly floundering in 2021 will JR have the balls to pull the trigger and can him and Kenny?

Guess that's the million dollar question isn't it?

His track record of free agent signings is horrific and his ability to judge talent is questionable at best. Three pitchers he let go in Montas, Wendelkin and Junior Guerra all seem to be doing pretty well to cite just a small example. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

All three basically don't have a measurable track record yet. They could be superstars, they could be average, they could be bad...who knows. But the overall point is this this organization seems to be completely screwed up from top to bottom and even if all three of the players you mentioned hit it big, become All-Stars say, the Sox are going to need a hell of a lot more to attain in Rick's words, "sustained success..."

Personally (and I had hoped the rebuild would start showing some measurable improvement this year with a big leap in 2020) I don't think Hahn can pull it off. If this franchise is still badly floundering in 2021 will JR have the balls to pull the trigger and can him and Kenny?

His track record of free agent signings is horrific and his ability to judge talent is questionable at best. Three pitchers he let go in Montas, Wendelkin and Junior Guerra all seem to be doing pretty well to cite just a small example. 

Great post, speaking of guys that he traded away, Marcus Semien is now a legit 3.5 WAR SS.  Fucking shit man.  Like, I'm alright with TA but trading away Tatis Jr and Semien in a three year span is criminal.

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Frankie Montas, JB Wendelken and Javy Guerra? lol cmon man. 

34 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Frankie Montas, JB Wendelken and Javy Guerra? lol cmon man. 

They seem to be producing better than the stiffs and has been's in the Sox bullpen now correct? Little pieces, good bench players provide depth and elevate the overall talent on a roster regardless of position. Those guys aren't world beaters but the fact that they are producing some positive results for their teams to me does have some meaning. Hell Seimian (sorry about the spelling) is now a three WAR player.

What has bums like Keppinger, LaRoche, Dunn and their ilk done for the Sox?

As time goes by more and more it is showing that Hahn is out of his league and in over his head. He's a contract guy, a bean counter pretending to be a G.M. 

14 hours ago, Wanne said:

That's a good word for it and the timeline seems to fit.  Good lord was that dude shredded by her.

Whatever the case...he sucks ass right now.

Sounds like he deserved it too. It seems like the baseball life style is tough on relationships in general.