04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Alonso might only be hitting .148, but he's great in the clubhouse. Has these guys really playing well.

A real glue guy. Knows when to have fun but knows when to turn it off. Has some grit to his game. Leader.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Rick Hahn has been a GM for now his 7th season. His teams have finished at least 15 games out of first every season. For those of you who thought he was a baseball genius, the joke is on you.

To be fair, he is the Gar to Kenny's Paxon, and i have a minor feeling that KW makes most of the decisions. It just feels like the organizational structure is the same as the Bulls. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

To be fair, he is the Gar to Kenny's Paxon, and i have a minor feeling that KW makes most of the decisions. It just feels like the organizational structure is the same as the Bulls. 

I've said this for years and it's designed intentionally to make pinning blame impossible for fans.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If that was the case, unlike Gar who probably couldn't get another NBA job unless it was guarding the locker room door, Hahn has at least had other opportunities to pursue, which he passed. So if KW rules and he is just a yes man, he deserves all the criticism anyway.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

If that was the case, unlike Gar who probably couldn't get another NBA job unless it was guarding the locker room door, Hahn has at least had other opportunities to pursue, which he passed. So if KW rules and he is just a yes man, he deserves all the criticism anyway.

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

No team - i guarantee - will have gotten less WAR for their dollars than the 2018-19 white sox acquisitions.

This team still has so many holes to fill. They have absolute black holes at Catcher, Second Base, Center Field, DH, and Right Field. They have one somewhat reliable guy in the starting rotation. The only reliable guys in the bullpen are veterans like Colome and Herrera. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My god some people just refuse to blame Hahn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Key thing to watch with Santana is the slider. It's been bad so far. His entire career, he's gotten by with a mix of just-okay fastball and just-okay changeup and an elite slider. Much like Rodon, he may be able to pitch over reduced velocity — at least well enough to stick around in this rotation — but only if he's throwing his slider well