04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

1 minute ago, beaks99 said:

This is an utter disgrace of a team...worse then the last couple of years...

We are 4-5 years away at best...ZERO faith that Hahn can rebuild...

Hahn is a joke and his acquisitions are unbearable...your starting right fielder, catcher and 2nd baseman have a total of 6 hits all season...

Castillo, Alonso,  Jay,  Santana, etc.....train wreck....

Poor Jason Bennittedi...so much enthusiasm and he has to announce all of these games...

I wanted the Sox to draft him so bad and now when they get him they're using him as an announcer?! Stupid Hahn

All jokes aside, you're right. This roster is garbage.

13 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I wanted the Sox to draft him so bad and now when they get him they're using him as an announcer?! Stupid Hahn

All jokes aside, you're right. This roster is garbage.

It's a tank year. Most of the roster is going to be garbage when you don't care about winning. 

Cubs and Astros fans had to sit through garbage like today for years. They got their pot of gold eventually. Let's hope the Sox do the same! 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

It's a tank year. Most of the roster is going to be garbage when you don't care about winning. 

Cubs and Astros fans had to sit through garbage like today for years. They got their pot of gold eventually. Let's hope the Sox do the same! 

The Sox haven‘t had a winning season since 2012 and haven‘t made the playoffs since 2008. I think we got them beat.

24 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

I know it does not matter to most of the so called baseball savants on this site but what actual baseball knowledge did hahn have to get his position, because I know of any.

If you are going to trash the people on Soxtalk,  why are you here? Go find somewhere that fits better for a gentleman with your obvious baseball IQ superiority. 

26 minutes ago, beaks99 said:

This is an utter disgrace of a team...worse then the last couple of years...

We are 4-5 years away at best...ZERO faith that Hahn can rebuild...

Hahn is a joke and his acquisitions are unbearable...your starting right fielder, catcher and 2nd baseman have a total of 6 hits all season...

Castillo, Alonso,  Jay,  Santana, etc.....train wreck....

Poor Jason Bennittedi...so much enthusiasm and he has to announce all of these games...

Who?

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox haven‘t had a winning season since 2012 and haven‘t made the playoffs since 2008. I think we got them beat.

And who has been responsible for the Sox's failures over the past decade plus? 

I just don't understand the point of jumping off of a bridge 10 games into a season.

I'm thrilled that Moncada is making progress, Anderson is raking, Eloy is apparently not a bust, Abreu is as solid as ever. That's all I want from the lineup anyway - who cares if placeholders like Palka, Engel, and Yolmer can't hit? I don't. They gone.

Yes, our pitching staff largely appears to be a dumpster fire, but I think Rodon had a bad start yesterday and will round into form and we saw some flashes that Giolito is potentially making progress. We also KNEW our pitching staff was largely gonna be a dumpster fire this year.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

That's all I want from the lineup anyway - who cares if placeholders like Palka, Engel, and Yolmer can't hit? I don't. They gone.

Some of us think that there are better options so we can win some games now. For instance giving regular playing time to Rendon or Mendick could morph into something better than expected.

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I just don't understand the point of jumping off of a bridge 10 games into a season.

I'm thrilled that Moncada is making progress, Anderson is raking, Eloy is apparently not a bust, Abreu is as solid as ever. That's all I want from the lineup anyway - who cares if placeholders like Palka, Engel, and Yolmer can't hit? I don't. They gone.

Yes, our pitching staff largely appears to be a dumpster fire, but I think Rodon had a bad start yesterday and will round into form and we saw some flashes that Giolito is potentially making progress. We also KNEW our pitching staff was largely gonna be a dumpster fire this year.

Solid post. The only thing that matters this year and next is letting the young kids develop. Losing 100 games again this year is not a big deal. The Sox are only playing for draft position the next couple years. 

• Like 1

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Solid post. The only thing that matters this year and next is letting the young kids develop. Losing 100 games again this year is not a big deal. The Sox are only playing for draft position the next couple years. 

If three seasons in with capital like Sale, Q, and Eaton to trade, the Sox are still losing 100 games, it is a big deal. It shows the guys in charge have no clue. This wasn't starting from scratch. They started on second base.

• Like 4