Happy Dylan Cease day - 4/9 game thread

maxjusttyped

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just wait until Cooper gets his hands on him and he’ll be throwing low 90’s in no time 😉

I remember when we were all joking about this but with Kopech, and then it actually happened.

Of course, it was for another reason, but still... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He may well move up when Robert does.  I doubt they want to keep either player out of CF as a starter right now.

They’ll wait until the all star break. That’s the White Sox way. Especially with guys who need minor league AB’s. 

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He may well move up when Robert does.  I doubt they want to keep either player out of CF as a starter right now.

I think you’re right on the CF angle, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Robert & Walker in the same OF for a short period of time before Robert gets a bump.

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Man. Cease looks like he would be the best pitcher in the rotation right now. 97 to 98 fastball that he throws for strikes. Drops the curve in as needed. I'd like more of these pitchers please.

He was a little inconsistent with the curve early, but at least he was missing low. By the 5th inning he was really cruising. It was fun to watch.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just wait until Cooper gets his hands on him and he’ll be throwing low 90’s in no time 😉

Ha, I get that you're kind of kidding, but Cease might be different from some of the other hard throwers in that he has good fastball command. There's not much need to have him slow it down, add movement and control it better. He might want some extra movement on the fastball, but the way he was commanding it today I don't think that's necessary.

• Like 1

I can't even imagine how dramatic the change must be from playing 50% of your games in Birmingham to playing 50% of them in Charlotte. And Collins still managed to get on base 38% of the time in AA. He's gonna be an absolute monster until he's called up. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I can't even imagine how dramatic the change must be from playing 50% of your games in Birmingham to playing 50% of them in Charlotte. And Collins still managed to get on base 38% of the time in AA. He's gonna be an absolute monster until he's called up. 

Early call up coming for Collins? He looks great and our catchers are just suck.

5 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Early call up coming for Collins? He looks great and our catchers are just suck.

I think we see him this year for sure. @Y2Jimmy0, another big Collins fan, is probably more informed as to where he's at defensively but I'd have to assume he's at least good enough to 1B/DH for us and catch some games as a 2nd catcher this season. We'd have to trade Alonso though, or make him the primary catcher

• Thanks 1