Happy Dylan Cease day - 4/9 game thread

maxjusttyped

11 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Kanny hitters struck out 18 TIMES TONIGHT

Already adopting the franchise philosophy i see

I know this was kidding but I think we'll need some patience there. Massive jumps for some of those infielders who are a bit younger. Really want more out of Curbelo though, as I said.

Separate point, I know we are anxious on Madrigal, reminder that its early. You won't get much fomo looking at kellenic, swaggerty or India's numbers right now.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know this was kidding but I think we'll need some patience there. Massive jumps for some of those infielders who are a bit younger. Really want more out of Curbelo though, as I said.

Separate point, I know we are anxious on Madrigal, reminder that its early. You won't get much fomo looking at kellenic, swaggerty or India's numbers right now.

Nolan Gorman may be the guy that teams look back on with regret for not drafting.  I know he was in the conversation as a potential top 5 pick at one point before falling off.  Right now he looks like he could be a star.

6 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Nolan Gorman may be the guy that teams look back on with regret for not drafting.  I know he was in the conversation as a potential top 5 pick at one point before falling off.  Right now he looks like he could be a star.

And falling off because of body concerns. God I hate body concerns.

I still like the Madrigal pick. I have found players with very high baseball IQs to be a good indicator of getting most out of talent, and I have found many high contact guys have gotten more power than frame/prior work have indicated, the latest being Willians Astudillo, who is less well rounded in every way than Madrigal but has made it to big leagues and keeps producing.

30 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

The Sox played it safe with Madrigal. Not a huge surprise with Hostetler in charge. 

I would take Nolan Gorman or Matthew Liberatore over Madrigal in a heartbeat.