Ozuna climbs fence and holds on to try catch

vilehoopster

Did you see the clip of Ozuna of the Cardinals trying to take away a home run last night?  He literally climbs the fence/ wall and stays up there by holding on to the top of the wall with his right arm holding onto the wall and on the other side of the wall. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/marcell-ozuna-climbs-wall

I know he didn't catch the ball and fell back onto the field, but . . . 

I think that this is should be illegal and if a guy catches a ball in this manner, climbing a wall like that, the batter should be awarded the home run. 

I'm okay with fielders jumping up and reaching over the wall. I'm also okay with fielders putting a foot on the wall/fence and pushing off to get higher and over the wall. But when a fielder literally climbs the wall, and holds on standing on a section of the wall or fence. That should be illegal and the batter awarded a home run whether the fielder catches or even touches the ball. 

When I saw him in the video up there waiting for the ball, it reminded me of the Bugs Bunny video where Bugs goes up the flag pole and throws his glove to catch a home run. 

An outfielder should have to stay in the field of play, and when a fielder climbs a wall and hangs on to the top of the wall (I know the wall is in the field of play) but is the top of the wall in the field of play, and either way, holding on up there breaks the spirit of the idea of a player staying in the field of play. 

Do you agree or disagree; what do you think?

3 hours ago, bmags said:

They should be able to do whatever while still staying in play, but this was almost as funny as Jose Abreu's "home run" where jackie bradley jr flipped over the fence and dropped the ball

edit: it was mookie:

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/news/mookie-betts-hurt-on-catch-that-is-ruled-homer/c-139316718

That was one of the strangest highlights I've ever seen. 

But also, yeah. If he wanted to climb on top of the fence and stand up there Hiroshi Tanaka style, fine by me. He has to judge the exact spot to be or he looks like a dumbass.