April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch

What's the point anymore? Maybe if they get zero MLB players out of all of their trades and 1st rounders that would be enough to get Hahn whacked and Kenny a nominal title.

It's a long season, and this is probably an overreaction, but if everyone continues to go south I'm just going to start hoping for a disaster of epic proportions and breaking the 1962 Mets record for losses. Maybe that will get Uncle Jerry off of his high horse. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

What's the point anymore? Maybe if they get zero MLB players out of all of their trades and 1st rounders that would be enough to get Hahn whacked and Kenny a nominal title. 

and if Jerry is still in charge, it will just be more of the same old.  It will be Omar managing and bunting 4 times a game.  

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Never gonna happen

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's a long season, and this is probably an overreaction, but if everyone continues to go south I'm just going to start hoping for a disaster of epic proportions and breaking the 1962 Mets record for losses. Maybe that will get Uncle Jerry off of his high horse. 

As long as it's profitable, nothing will change.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

and if Jerry is still in charge, it will just be more of the same old.  It will be Omar managing and bunting 4 times a game.  

I know. This is a sad state of affairs. I wonder if the Chicago White Sox will survive this whole ordeal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I see almost everyone is totally giving up on everyone and everything after a few bad games. I’m not. 

You know, sometimes teams, even really good ones, go through ten game stretches where they play absolutely horrible baseball. The Red Sox are in a brutal stretch and so are the Cubs.

This team isn’t good, but I don’t think they’re this bad. Maybe I’m wrong.

I guess maybe we should give this 30 games before we turn every game thread into a shitposting central. I get the frustration. We don’t know yet. 

I know. This is a sad state of affairs. I wonder if the Chicago White Sox will survive this whole ordeal. 

You saw the valuation and profitability numbers right? They'll be fine. That's the problem.

Sure, the Forbes numbers today illustrated why they will.  It's just no major changes will come until ownership changes.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure, the Forbes numbers today illustrated why they will.  It's just no major changes will come until ownership changes.

We're resigned to our fate until there is new ownership. We all love this team, we have to hope that there is some talent here when new ownership takes over. 

This was a bad series. I'm not ready to give up on some of these guys yet but it is going to be frustrating to see some of these guys go win championships elsewhere. 

I don't know what to make of Moncada and Eloy right now. Moncada has much more of a track record than Eloy, so who knows. 

Out of the pitchers on the staff, the only guy I have hope for oddly enough is Giolito. 

This is, best case scenario, going  to end up right back where we started with a stars/scrubs roster, 78 wins and another complete rebuild. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I see almost everyone is totally giving up on everyone and everything after a few bad games. I’m not. 

You know, sometimes teams, even really good ones, go through ten game stretches where they play absolutely horrible baseball. The Red Sox are in a brutal stretch and so are the Cubs.

I guess maybe we should give this 30 games before we turn every game thread into a shitposting central. I get the frustration. We don’t know yet. 

I am not giving up EVER!we knew this was not going to be a winning season so quit complaining. It is debut time for young players and we have talent ready to step up 

1 minute ago, Baker said:

Has JR ever sat down in the stands with the fans?  He should be out there handing out $100 bills. 

Both of his teams are printing money and he likes being around the people he's hired to run them. It's never going to change until there's new ownership.

I don't think it is a coincidence that each player that gets traded to the Sox gets worse wearing the uniform, and each player that gets traded away gets better upon donning a different uniform. 

They're at least a decade behind the rest of baseball in every aspect of baseball operations. 

9 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I remember a similar streak in 1989. Seven straight losses and the Sox were outscored 63-14. That team ended up in last. 

• Haha 2