April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch

The more the White Sox attempt to play pro baseball the more it makes Kenny Williams and Rick Hahn look even more incompetent.

Now its on to New York where the baggy pants buffoons can embarrass themselves further.  

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

According to Renteria on the postgame the Sox pitching problems have nothing to do with preparation or having a plan, they just all are suffering from delivery problems right now.

coop will fix em

Now that Renteria is making excuses, what is the horrific offense’s problem?

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Now that Renteria is making excuses, what is the horrific offense’s problem?

No excuses. Almost half of the lineup blows. Palka, Castillo, Alonso, and Sanchez all suck. Abreu is hitting like he's 38 which he is. It's a nightmare

20 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I have come to the conclusion that a new manager won't help. A new pitching coach won't help. A new hitting coach won't help. They need an exorcist. 

I laughed at this but, having an attitude that "it's ok to lose" or to purposely lose, is against the game, and is from the devil. St.Paul is talking about real life but it can pertain to the game too.

1 Corinthians 9:24

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Yes, the pitching has been awful but I’m encouraged by this start overall. The only guy that has any future relevance to this team that I’m down on is Lopez. Moncada and TA are tearing it up, Eloy is holding his own, and Rodon has been very good overall despite his last start.

I waited to get home to watch the game. Didn’t check my phone or internet or anything so I wouldn’t accidentally see the score. I just watched the first inning and I don’t remember ever seeing it so obvious they would lose by A LOT. So I checked the score and was surprised they only lost by 8.

5 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Yes, the pitching has been awful but I’m encouraged by this start overall. The only guy that has any future relevance to this team that I’m down on is Lopez. Moncada and TA are tearing it up, Eloy is holding his own, and Rodon has been very good overall despite his last start.

Encouraged? Seriously dude?

Does greg really want to post, "Fire Renteria" after today's latest embarrassment? Despite the fact our front office is a joke? Yeah, I do want to go there.  Gosh I'm so mad about our play at home since Robin left. We get blown out even a lot at home.

I know it won't matter, but I'd love to see us fire Ricky and hire what I call a "real manager (some older guy with experience)" so that guy can kick some ass to the front office and tell them to get rid of certain stiffs and at least play the best players in the system.

My gosh we have some rotten baseball players on this team.

Fire Ricky? Please. Why not? At least it will make me feel better. Does Leyland want to manage again? LaRussa? I'd take Piniella. Just some crusty old veteran guy to laugh at our front office types and tell them "give me some fricking players and maybe I'll give you some W's."

If u wish to talk Greg off the ledge, feel free to do so. I am very upset.

(I just hope the billionaire Sox owners, Ok millionaire, get to experience no crowds over 20,000 all season the rest of the way. That might make me feel a little better at our irrelevance.

Edited by greg775

Greg, Renteria WAS an older manager with experience and he blows.  And no manager tells the front office what to do in baseball.  They manage the players they are given.

Leyland and LaRussa are both 74 years old.

Edited by Harper2Sox

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Does greg really want to post, "Fire Renteria" after today's latest embarrassment? Despite the fact our front office is a joke? Yeah, I do want to go there.  Gosh I'm so mad about our play at home since Robin left. We get blown out even a lot at home.

I know it won't matter, but I'd love to see us fire Ricky and hire what I call a "real manager (some older guy with experience)" so that guy can kick some ass to the front office and tell them to get rid of certain stiffs and at least play the best players in the system.

My gosh we have some rotten baseball players on this team.

Fire Ricky? Please. Why not? At least it will make me feel better. Does Leyland want to manage again? LaRussa? I'd take Piniella. Just some crusty old veteran guy to laugh at our front office types and tell them "give me some fricking players and maybe I'll give you some W's."

If u wish to talk Greg off the ledge, feel free to do so. I am very upset.

Greg, it doesn't matter. Nothing is going to change until there is new ownership. We have to bide our time. Consider 2019 1999 on the Blackhawks timeline. We have nearly a decade before things are going to change. Hopefully we get a new owner, a nice new stadium, and an actual organizational commitment to winning in a decade or so. The 2020s are going to suck for the Sox. I hope you're not over 65, because if you are you may have seen the last winning team in your lifetime. We're about to go on a Pirates style losing streak so hunker down and weather the storm. We're in year 7 of 22 of Hurricane Gerald. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

29 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I laughed at this but, having an attitude that "it's ok to lose" or to purposely lose, is against the game, and is from the devil. St.Paul is talking about real life but it can pertain to the game too.

Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Someone suspend the bible thumper

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Giolito?  He looked awful in his last start.

If Giolito becomes a solid #5 that’d be a bonus. He was always considered a huge wild card. So yeah, Lopez is the only guy that I’m upset about in terms of their start to the season. Moncada and TA look awesome. Eloy is holding his own. Rodon has been very good. The only tradable assets in the pen come July, Colome and Herrerra, have been great. The farm system has gotten off to a good start. I’d take this start over an 8-3 start with all the vets tearing up while Moncada, TA, Rodon, and Eloy looking awful. Wins don’t matter this season, they never did. In fact, less wins is better for next year’s draft position.

53 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

I've joked that the Baseball Gods are going to continue to shit on the Sox until a new owner arrives. At least that is some type of explanation for the garbage we've seen in 10 of the last 13 years (counting this one...)