April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How do you figure half the rebuild pieces are on the MLB roster? I’d say 1/4 and of those I only consider TA, Moncada, Eloy, and Lopez as vital elements (Kopech too once he returns from injury and Gio is a wild card). The second wave won’t arrive until later this season or next season. The third wave of prospects in 2021 and beyond. 2021 is the year in which their contention window needs to start. I don’t see it opening any sooner and I’ve said this since last summer before the Kopech injury and last offseason. With this in mind, Rodon should absolutely be on the trading block this summer if he starts out strong and they can get a haul for him - two top 100 prospects and another low level org guy. 

Remember that more than 50% of baseball's Top 100 Prospects fail.  When we traded for Gio,he was not considered a wildcard.  But I understand he probably is now.  If as you say only 4 of the rebuild players  should be on the roster going forward, then we need another 8 prospects out of our 16 best to make it to the MLB roster and be solid contributors.  I Think Rodon may be more valuable to us than he will on the trade market.   

https://www.royalsreview.com/2018/3/22/16749948/updating-the-success-and-failure-rates-of-top-mlb-prospects