April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nope, they keep getting worse and worse.  There's not a single pitcher that you can look at 2021 and be confident in saying they'll give you 175 innings.

Yep, Rodon post the shoulder injury just isn't electric anymore, Lopez and Giolito have basically sucked other than Lopez's September last year and Kopech and Cease are guys with arm trouble in their past or present so you aren't going to feel great about penciling them in either. 

And I cant even really get on the players. In baseball you dont get better just because you try harder. You either have it or you dont. If you suck its the FO fault for having you in their plans and its the managers fault for rolling your suckage out there everyday. 

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Keep Cease the hell away from Cooper please.

When he is throwing 92 with a new cutter and zero curveball you will know Coops work has been done.  

Years of fathom talking about missing velocity when our prospects get here is founded in reality.  Sure Buerhle threw 89 but his cutter also moved a foot.  Not everyone is cookie cutter.  If that was the case every right hander learning a cutter would be Mariano Rivera.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Yep, Rodon post the shoulder injury just isn't electric anymore, Lopez and Giolito have basically sucked other than Lopez's September last year and Kopech and Cease are guys with arm trouble in their past or present so you aren't going to feel great about penciling them in either. 

Yep. The Sox are gonna have to spend some big bucks on pitching here soon. Otherwise, we are looking at another 3-4 years of tanking. 

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

When he is throwing 92 with a new cutter and zero curveball you will know Coops work has been done.  

Years of fathom talking about missing velocity when our prospects get here is founded in reality.  Sure Buerhle threw 89 but his cutter also moved a foot.  Not everyone is cookie cutter.  If that was the case every right hander learning a cutter would be Mariano Rivera.

I also think Buehrle would have been destroyed in today's era.  But yes, the standing tall and not trying to maximize velocity is an antiquated approach.  It's not like Cooper can point to his track record for keeping guys healthy anyways.  I think a key thing to focus on is that the trend in baseball is 5 productive innings and then go to the bullpen.  I don't believe Cooper and the Sox org believes this at all.

Just now, fathom said:

I also think Buehrle would have been destroyed in today's era.  But yes, the standing tall and not trying to maximize velocity is an antiquated approach.  It's not like Cooper can point to his track record for keeping guys healthy anyways.  I think a key thing to focus on is that the trend in baseball is 5 productive innings and then go to the bullpen.  I don't believe Cooper and the Sox org believes this at all.

They want to recreate 4 complete games.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They dont believe in developing defense in the minors nor the majors. They dont believe in technology.  Its a beer league team waiting for the geezers to fall off.

White Sox - traded a more valuable piece in Adam Eaton 2 1/2 years ago for 2 ML ready piece and another prospect and 2 1/2 years later still trying "develop" these 2 ML ready pieces.

Rays - traded a declining pitcher for 2 ML ready piece and another prospect and are reaping off those pieces immediately.

Call it better scouting, better player development, one is clearly a better ran organization, despite having to work with much less. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Rodon I'm willing to hold judgment on, his peripherals look good at least.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

White Sox - traded a more valuable piece in Adam Eaton 2 1/2 years ago for 2 ML ready piece and another prospect and 2 1/2 years later still trying "develop" these 2 ML ready pieces.

Rays - traded a declining pitcher for 2 ML ready piece and another prospect and are reaping off those pieces immediately.

Call it better scouting, better player development, one is clearly a better ran organization, despite having to work with much less. 

Great post