Jump to content
Chicago White Sox

April 10 Gamethread 1:10pm first pitch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ha 1 player only but very original. Palka will hit a HR sooner or later or even get a hit. Helpful hint : always best to pick power hitters since HR's and RBI's are worth more points.

When Palka makes the AAA All-Star team these guys will be sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EloyJenkins said:

I disagree with that. Both have the pedigree and pitches to succeed. 

Just because they have the pedigree and pitches doesn't mean they're "locks"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moncada since April 5th: 24 plate appearances with 9 K’s (37.5%) and 0 BB’s.

I think it’s officially time to sound rebuild panic alarms.  Thank god I’m moving to Nashville in a few months and won’t have to see this disaster in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

It’s pretty clear Don Cooper hasn’t helped the young pitchers progress, in fact he hasn’t done so in the last 5 years. It’s time to look elsewhere but who are we kidding, JR is running this ship.

Oh I so agree. Coop did a lot of good things but his time is up. Sox need a new vision. Coop's way has become obsolete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tony said:

Not to take over for fathom here, and while we all know they won't do it, they DESPERATELY need a new coaching staff and these guys, including Coop, should be shown the door. This is a bad team and I'm not blaming this on the staff, but they need to reset on it all, I'm finally in the camp that Coop has been here too long, time for a fresh voice.

Drama queen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Glasnow has some of the more impressive stuff that I've seen in awhile. Holy shit

Pirates, who love sinkers, were forcing a 2seamer he couldn't control.

Rays get a hold of him and have him work the 4 seamer high low, and his extension makes it devastating.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not to take over for fathom here, and while we all know they won't do it, they DESPERATELY need a new coaching staff and these guys, including Coop, should be shown the door. This is a bad team and I'm not blaming this on the staff, but they need to reset on it all, I'm finally in the camp that Coop has been here too long, time for a fresh voice.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I disagree with that. Both have the pedigree and pitches to succeed. 

How does that make them locks?  I mean one of them is still recovering from TJS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the Sox are going into these games without a full scouting report on their opponents.  The coaching leaves a lot to be desired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess we are too lazy to keep Anderson at SS and Moncada back over by 2nd with the shift. Would make a lot more sense with Yolmer up the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Pirates, who love sinkers, were forcing a 2seamer he couldn't control.

Rays get a hold of him and have him work the 4 seamer high low, and his extension makes it devastating.

 

Rays have a godlike coaching and development staff, its amazing what they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The (age old, time proven) concept of coming out of the shoot (1st inning) with the game plan of keeping opposing hitters off balance seems to be a foreign concept to Lopez (and, as the one calling the game, Castillo... and by extension Rentaria/ Cooper).

Changing; eye angle, speed, and ball movement is far more important than repeatedly attempting to throw the fastball at maximum speed. MLB hitters feast on a steady diet of 95-97 MPH fastballs. Compare and Contrast Glasnow’s approach vs. Lopez’. It’s like night and day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, reiks12 said:

Rays have a godlike coaching and development staff, its amazing what they are doing.

This feels like the series of the organization getting the most out of what they have against the team getting the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

This feels like the series of the organization getting the most out of what they have against the team getting the least.

Absolutely. Twins starting to do this too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not to take over for fathom here, and while we all know they won't do it, they DESPERATELY need a new coaching staff and these guys, including Coop, should be shown the door. This is a bad team and I'm not blaming this on the staff, but they need to reset on it all, I'm finally in the camp that Coop has been here too long, time for a fresh voice.

Problem is the front office and owners then have to hire a new coaching staff. I don't trust them to find the right coaches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×