Per Forbes: White Sox 6th most profitable team by operating income, valued at 1.6B overall

maxjusttyped

KW has in the past, mentioned the Forbes summary of the White Sox profits were incorrect. But he has used Forbes as a source when saying the Sox are one of the top teams in regards to spending their gross revenue on player salaries.  

So Forbes is wrong, but here, look what Forbes says. 

The FO isnt going to catch nearly enough heat for this complete disaster as they should because during this season the anger will just turn to indifference from the fan. The large majority just wont care about the Sox and wont pay attention. Sox will still make money some how as they have and eventually years down the line when they have a semi-competitive team the fan will return. They come out of this perfectly. They only care about their money, they shown that, and their money looks pretty damn nice.  

9 minutes ago, shipps said:

The FO isnt going to catch nearly enough heat for this complete disaster as they should because during this season the anger will just turn to indifference from the fan. The large majority just wont care about the Sox and wont pay attention. Sox will still make money some how as they have and eventually years down the line when they have a semi-competitive team the fan will return. They come out of this perfectly. They only care about their money, they shown that, and their money looks pretty damn nice.  

I was thinking "man this is really bad", but then I thought back to how bad it was in 2015, then the laroche saga, collapse, and then jersey incident in 2016...

Usually really bad, out of control events seem to spell doom for orgs. But not ours! We continue to capitalize from the stable hands running the ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

KW has in the past, mentioned the Forbes summary of the White Sox profits were incorrect. But he has used Forbes as a source when saying the Sox are one of the top teams in regards to spending their gross revenue on player salaries.  

So Forbes is wrong, but here, look what Forbes says. 

I have a feeling in the past forbes was WAY underrepresenting org value but I actually think this list plays catch up a bit more appropriately. Like they were way off on the dodgers pre-sale and I think they've reframed the issue better.