Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
maxjusttyped

Per Forbes: White Sox 6th most profitable team by operating income, valued at 1.6B overall

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

FU Jerry.

This post can't get liked enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Hahn said the money would be spent, but did he ever say it would actually be spent on the White Sox? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well Hahn said the money would be spent, but did he ever say it would actually be spent on the White Sox? 

Hookers and blow. For KW anyway.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well Hahn said the money would be spent, but did he ever say it would actually be spent on the White Sox? 

No, he did not. Let's not act like 76 million dollars is a lot of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Hate to see this after the off-season we had. 

How dare you.  Hahn spent $45 million this past offseason bringing in some amazing talent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kenny Williams reaction to the Forbes article is probably, “Hell, if I had known we made that much money, we could have gone ahead and guaranteed Machado the $300 million!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Latilleon said:

Kenny Williams reaction to the Forbes article is probably, “Hell, if I had known we made that much money, we could have gone ahead and guaranteed Machado the $300 million!”

Kenny has Jerry’s dong so far up his throat I’m surprised he can say anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KW has in the past, mentioned the Forbes summary of the White Sox profits were incorrect. But he has used Forbes as a source when saying the Sox are one of the top teams in regards to spending their gross revenue on player salaries.  

So Forbes is wrong, but here, look what Forbes says. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was nice to hear Mully and Haugh mention this news on The Score this morning and immediately rip the Sox for not spending like a team that has large profits.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

It was nice to hear Mully and Haugh mention this news on The Score this morning and immediately rip the Sox for not spending like a team that has large profits.

As everyone should.

Edited by soxfan2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FO isnt going to catch nearly enough heat for this complete disaster as they should because during this season the anger will just turn to indifference from the fan. The large majority just wont care about the Sox and wont pay attention. Sox will still make money some how as they have and eventually years down the line when they have a semi-competitive team the fan will return. They come out of this perfectly. They only care about their money, they shown that, and their money looks pretty damn nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like there’s two types of old, rich guys. The spend it, go for it at all cost types, and the hoard all the money, everyone is out to get me guys. I guess there’s repercussions for both, but at least Detroit had a few fun years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shipps said:

The FO isnt going to catch nearly enough heat for this complete disaster as they should because during this season the anger will just turn to indifference from the fan. The large majority just wont care about the Sox and wont pay attention. Sox will still make money some how as they have and eventually years down the line when they have a semi-competitive team the fan will return. They come out of this perfectly. They only care about their money, they shown that, and their money looks pretty damn nice.  

I was thinking "man this is really bad", but then I thought back to how bad it was in 2015, then the laroche saga, collapse, and then jersey incident in 2016...

Usually really bad, out of control events seem to spell doom for orgs. But not ours! We continue to capitalize from the stable hands running the ship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have the numbers on how profitable the Sox were before they decided to tear down and rebuild? I'm sure tanking has been very good for the bottom line and will continue to be so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

KW has in the past, mentioned the Forbes summary of the White Sox profits were incorrect. But he has used Forbes as a source when saying the Sox are one of the top teams in regards to spending their gross revenue on player salaries.  

So Forbes is wrong, but here, look what Forbes says. 

I have a feeling in the past forbes was WAY underrepresenting org value but I actually think this list plays catch up a bit more appropriately. Like they were way off on the dodgers pre-sale and I think they've reframed the issue better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×