2020 MLB Draft Thread

soxfan49

27 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Callis and Mayo have Sox taking Crochet- Yikes

why should we be surprised If this is the guy they take, in his college career he has pitched in 132 innings and given up 137 hits with a 4.64 era, he is a relief pitcher at best, i would grade their college draft the past 4 years a D at best, I want Abel but we will see what happens but no way should they draft Crochet.

not gonna lie if their scouts feel like crochet was different this year...it's just a different draft.

I didn't get to see any of these guys. There's highlights and that's cool and all.

If the sox swing crochet and get a dynamite #2 that's interesting. Crochet is an insanely talented arm we know very little about. 

Abel didn't even pitch his senior year. Maybe he gets shelled! Bitsko people are going off his circuit when nobody was scouting him!

I'm just saying if they get swing crochet/howard or something it changes it.

I could very well see a situation where they felt very similar to a lot of these guys and felt like they could get 2 in the same tier with their budget.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Kiley has the Sox taking Kelly in the 2nd round. Shocked if he lasted that long. Totally agree I see reliever with Crochet. Scary that they are all agreeing Sox will be taking him in the first. On a happy note around 4 other organizations are high on Crochet (Rangers, Phillies, Cubs, and Giants). Those 4 organizations have had trouble identifying pitching in recent years.  Also realize Phillies, Cubs, and Giants have new Director’s in place for the draft.

Edited by PolishPrince34

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

That would be something. I get swinging for the fences when you have such a promising looking future.

We also have a severe lack of dynamic arms in our minor league system now. Thompson has some project-ability there. We went from "zomg look how many power arms we have" to a bunch of 26 year old rhps from louisville throwing 88 across our A and AA teams.

• Haha 2