2020 MLB Draft Thread

soxfan49

1 minute ago, HollywoodTim said:

Thank you.

What do you think about Austin Hendrick?  This is the guy who really intrigues me the most.  I really like everything I have read and love the longterm potential fit as an athletic LH slugger who can legitimately play the OF but I don't see others here mentioning him.

Rumors he’s rapidly dropping

I'd love Kelley in the 2nd but as a general RHP profile I like guys 6'3"+ with strong builds and a FB/CH/CB repertoire with FB velocity and a quality or at least emerging CH.  Kelley doesn't really fit that but he's close.  I like sliders on LHPs more and would like Fulton if he falls over Kelley at 47.

Just remember this is the first time the writers are getting fast and furious info via negotiations with agents. They had no team activity like normal. Our expectation of value might be way off from what orgs had.

Just now, bmags said:

Just remember this is the first time the writers are getting fast and furious info via negotiations with agents. They had no team activity like normal. Our expectation of value might be way off from what orgs had.

Yep hard to say this year any particular early round pick is a mistake due to having no performance to judge this year.  In terms of the small sample we have, Jarvis actually impressed me the most.

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I can stomach a Kelly underslot at 11 pretty easily honestly.

I'd be kinda meh on that. Like Harold said, maxed out prep arms with little projection left are real scary. It's such a risky demographic. I'd much prefer that risk in a later round if possible.

Edited by DirtySox

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep hard to say this year any particular early round pick is a mistake due to having no performance to judge this year.  In terms of the small sample we have, Jarvis actually impressed me the most.

He was incredible early this season. It's truly a shame we didn't get to see more him. The velocity he added was crazy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

damn you Law.. Damn you.  There are probably close to 10 or so names I would rather have that'll be around 11.

It's so fascinating to see how this board is going to be split.

People will be happy if we take Detmers, Howard, Abel, or Crochet (the most frequently mentioned names). People will be mad with any of the above (except maybe Howard).

We'll all be cataclysmic if Bailey or Kjerstad is the pick.

Just now, Quin said:

It's so fascinating to see how this board is going to be split.

People will be happy if we take Detmers, Howard, Abel, or Crochet (the most frequently mentioned names). People will be made with any of the above (except maybe Howard).

We'll all be cataclysmic if Bailey or Kjerstad is the pick.

hahah agreed. I'll be happy with almost anyone.  I really don't want a college bat though and Crochet interests me very little lol