2020 MLB Draft Thread

soxfan49

2 hours ago, Perfect Vision said:

Can someone explain to me the purpose of draft day misdirection.  I understand in other sports where you can trade picks, where you wouldn't necessarily want to broadcast who you like in fear that another team will trade in front of you to select that player.  But in MLB?  Is it all about negotiations with the players (like telling Abel's camp that the Sox are really interested in Crochet so they can cut a better deal with him)? 

To try to get a player you want to drop his number to fit your draft spending plans.

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Don't buy the power on Gonzales.  He played in 4,000 elevation and against atrocious competition until he got his shit pushed in against Texas A&M.  He's a league avg 2B. Hard pass.  

He lead the Cape in OPS and finished tied for 5th in HRs, if he didn't do that he wouldn't be considered a top 10 pick.

Funny binary choice between Detmers whose stuff people can’t seem to square up despite average velocity and Crochet who hitters seem to be able to square up too much despite elite stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Funny binary choice between Detmers whose stuff people can’t seem to square up despite average velocity and Crochet who hitters seem to be able to square up too much despite elite stuff.

Classics Pitcher vs. Thrower debate.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Crochet’s stats aren’t that good, but I’ll trust the Sox if they see something in him. If the Sox are good at anything, it’s developing pitchers.

Man I'll be pretty damn sad if we go Crochet lolll.

Usually I can be easily convinced too.. And I just cant come around to it

You guys are overthinking my tweet. Crochet interest seems orchestrated to me. Too many people have it. There's another name frequently mentioned who I believe to be firmly in the mix. It'd be a surprise to many. Not most of you though. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Classics Pitcher vs. Thrower debate.

I’ve never heard this debate I’m only familiar with bad white sox draft comp vs bad white sox draft comp.

Im assuming you meant it’s a choice between Aaron poreda or uh *looks through draft history* Steve...uh Steve trout

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

You guys are overthinking my tweet. Crochet interest seems orchestrated to me. Too many people have it. There's another name frequently mentioned who I believe to be firmly in the mix. It'd be a surprise to many. Not most of you though. 

PHEW! You the bomb.  BACK ON THE ABEL TRAIN! lol

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Definitely Jake Eder then

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Shits moving fast.  Numbers are getting real. Teams are figuring out they have a shot at signing guys they thought were unsignable.  Even heard there may be a curveball at the top of the draft. 

image.jpeg

The top meaning #3 I think......