2020 MLB Draft Thread

soxfan49

Seems trivial in light of current plight but am hopeful the MLB draft is not delayed. If I had the pick and barring one of Lacy or Hancock sliding to 11, I'd try to sign Howard, ideally below slot, then go pitching, pitching, pitching.

I'm still on the Crochet train. If he hits, it's Chris Sale part deux. A plus slider and Changeup with a 100 mph fastball from a 6-6 low 3/4 delivery from the left side. This is one of those calculated risks you take in the spot where the Sox are picking. Could lightning strike twice? 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, aFrankSoxFan said:

At 11 pick Detmers, Crochet,  or Kjerstad and I'd be happy . Like?

Detmers will be gone.  Kjerstad, another college outfielder?  Why?  I could see Crochet, but he is a massive risk/reward type player.

I really think Sox go HS with Ed Howard or Jared Kelley

25 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Detmers will be gone.  Kjerstad, another college outfielder?  Why?  I could see Crochet, but he is a massive risk/reward type player.

I really think Sox go HS with Ed Howard or Jared Kelley

Give me a HS or SP and I'll be happy.. A college position player (OF) would be semi-confusing unless someone falls.

And I'm not that convinced on Howard, but people i like like him more than "industry" and past several drafts has felt like the good, "local"(i.e. midwest or north) prep prospects that were expected to go after sox ended up really good so now he must, it's science.

9 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Give me a HS or SP and I'll be happy.. A college position player (OF) would be semi-confusing unless someone falls.

I read that there could be more positional players off the board in the 1st because the pitching depth is so prominent this year. Sox might not view what's left at 11 as the highest upside.